• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Game Of Thrones Grown Up Talk. Do Not Enter Unless You Have Finished All The Books

Kurb

There is no way Jon is dead.  Too important of a character to kill off.  George has said in interviews that Jon's mother is still a mystery.  Why make a big deal about Jon's mother and then kill him off?  Doesn't make sense.  I think that Jon is the child of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark.  Ned brought him back to Winterfell and said he was his bastard to hide his identity.

There is no way Jon is dead. Too important of a character to kill off. George has said in interviews that Jon's mother is still a mystery. Why make a big deal about Jon's mother and then kill him off? Doesn't make sense. I think that Jon is the child of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark. Ned brought him back to Winterfell and said he was his bastard to hide his identity.

This

Dunno if anyone caught it last night, but GRRM was on Conan...

He made the comment about TWOW, and said it was around 1500 pages... I dunno if that is what he has written, or if it was a projection...

Also, he commented that he was trying to hurry in fear of the show catching up, and that he hoped the show ended in the same fashion as the books (although he didn't sound too concerned that they wouldn't)... There was minor concern about some of the changes in the show affecting things later on, and he noted that there were like 4 characters that were dead on the show that are still alive in the books at the current part of the story... I can only think of Marillion and Talisa (Jeyne) off the top of my head... I'll try to figure out the other two... One might be one of Arya's targets? dunno...

It sounded kinda optimistic overall though, and I think he kinda stressed the need for people to read the books too...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GR36slEw7aU

Yeah he's pretty much replaced Edric Storm, who is still alive too, but not very important seeming in the books. I could see them killing him off, but I hope Davos ships him out kinda like he does Storm in the books.

I always thought maybe on the Benjen thing, but Leaf told Bran that CH was killed "long ago"... That doesn't make sense for it to be Benjen or anyone we've really read much about in the ASOIAF series to me.

Archived