• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Game Of Thrones Grown Up Talk. Do Not Enter Unless You Have Finished All The Books

Kurb

"When the red star bleeds and the darkness gathers, Azor Ahai shall be born again amidst smoke and salt"

Star Sigil guy was getting torn apart

NightWatch surrounding him = Darkness

Smoke from the Wound

Salt from tears ?

hummmm.

The flames crackled softly, and in their crackling she heard the whispered name Jon Snow. His long face floated before her, limned in tongues of red and orange, appearing and disappearing again, a shadow half- seen behind a fluttering curtain. Now he was a man, now a wolf, now a man again. But the skulls were here as well, the skulls were all around him.

Skulls. A thousand skulls, and the bastard boy again. Jon Snow...

Yet now she could not even seem to find her king. I pray for a glimpse of Azor Ahai, and R’hllor shows me only Snow.

A face took shape within the hearth. Stannis? she thought, for just a moment . . . but no, these were not his features. A wooden face, corpse white. Was this the enemy? A thousand red eyes floated in the rising flames. He sees me. Beside him, a boy with a wolfs face threw back his head and howled.

Welp, I've convinced myself.

"When the red star bleeds and the darkness gathers, Azor Ahai shall be born again amidst smoke and salt"

Star Sigil guy was getting torn apart

NightWatch surrounding him = Darkness

Smoke from the Wound

Salt from tears ?

hummmm.

Welp, I've convinced myself.

Me too. Jon Snow at #14 this Thursday.

All the prophecy and subtle hints at things/allusion that GRRM uses are great...

Tyrion, if you investigate his dreams and tendencies enough, could easily be half Targaryen... There's one dream he has where he's fighting a great battle and is in the midst of fire... Lannisters are dying everywhere in the field of battle, and he's helping kill them... He even kills Tywin again in the dream... Then he realizes that he has two heads in the dream, and that one head is laughing and the other head is weeping... Basically a Targaryen head and a Lannister head...

He's also seemingly obsessed with dragons, and he struggles with lust (both notable characteristics of Targaryen blood lines)...

]To temper it this time, he captured a lion and drove the sword into its heart, but once more the steel shattered. The third time, with a heavy heart, for he knew beforehand what he must do to finish the blade, he worked for a hundred days and nights until it was finished. This time, he called for his wife, Nissa Nissa, and asked her to bare her breast. He drove his sword into her breast, her soul combining with the steel of the sword, creating Lightbringer."]

two for one with cersei

jaime being sent to kill cersei with the sword he gave to brienne by lady stoneheart?

he was behanded near saltpans saltpans beside a campfire

there is also speculation that tyrion is the lion and brienne is nissa nissa

I do have to say, R'hllor does seem to have some power in the world... A lot more than a bunch of trees with eyes and the Seven... and I don't even really know what the Great Other has got, other than an army of zombies...

At this point it seems the faceless god (if it's not one of the other gods in disguise) is only useful to assassins, and the Drowned and Storm gods are pretty useless...

• 1 month later...

Wonder how much we should assume the Show = the Books.

Like is Jenieie basically an after thought at this point?

Same goes with Rikkon basically being written out of the show for the time being?

I do have to say, R'hllor does seem to have some power in the world... A lot more than a bunch of trees with eyes and the Seven... and I don't even really know what the Great Other has got, other than an army of zombies...

At this point it seems the faceless god (if it's not one of the other gods in disguise) is only useful to assassins, and the Drowned and Storm gods are pretty useless...

don't forget that thoes trees with eyes have a lot to do with bran...definitely not void of power in the world.  an old power that's returning.   i think that bran may actually be the Great Other's champion...the way azor ahai (i can never spell that right so fug it) is the light's champion...

which could lead to the epic jon snow has to kill bran stark moment

Archived