• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

would you pay chud more than rivera?

Chud might actually enjoy being an OC rather than a HC. Many of the big time offensive gurus never seem to get it all together as a HC. Reminds me of Mike Martz. I also have a funny feeling Chud wants to stay to see how much production he can get out of Cam and this offense. This is Chud's kitchen and Cam is that secret ingredient nobody else has, he wants to figure out every possible way to use it well.

I'm very pleased with both Ron and Chud's performance. However the time for raises has come and gone. Both are locked in for another season and we can re-evaluate next January. You don't hand out raises unless you need to and you don't pay a coordinator like a head coach. That's just the way of the NFL. Chud will leave whenever he wants, A little extra money won't change that.

I would.

There are managers woho pay contractors more than their own salary. I dont think it'd be ridiculous if we ended up having to pay chud more to stay as an oc.

Rivera's a defensive coach so it helps to have a really competent oc that allows rivera to concentrate on dc.

I hate that we lost del rio all those years ago. If we're willing to pay our homegrown talent so much then we should pay our successful coaches whatever it takes to keep them.

Kind of unlikely though, if chud makes more rivera will probably get a raise too.

We'll see how the defense looks this year and I'll let you know.. :)

When Chud does leave us, he will no longer be an OC, the same as RR is no longer a DC. He will be a head coach. It is difficult, at best, to accurately predict how good or great or piss-poor a coordinator can be as a HC. My hopes are VERY high for Rivera moving forward. All of the signs are there for success.

I cannot pull for Chud as anything but an OC because it is obvious he will not be the head coach here. Robin doesn't headline over Batman.

If he earns it, then I wish him the best as he moves on as a head coach somewhere else (prolly San Diego), but until then, hell no he doesn't get Chico money.

There can be only one.

Chud isn't leaving any time soon. Don't see why people are panicking already. He's going to stay a couple more years, I'm sure he'd want to beef up that resume a little more with the Panthers, and a Lombardi trophy will look good in that resume for HC. Chud will be a head coach in the league, not any time soon though.

Chud isn't leaving any time soon. Don't see why people are panicking already. He's going to stay a couple more years, I'm sure he'd want to beef up that resume a little more with the Panthers, and a Lombardi trophy will look good in that resume for HC. Chud will be a head coach in the league, not any time soon though.

ITA, you know I think you are on top of things, but when UNC's MacAdoo, is projected to go 7th in the NBA draft after playing 5 legitimate games, I see multiple teams giving Zinski a chance if Carolina is again a top 10 O because everyone is looking for their Cam in the coaching realm. I hope you are right.

If we have a year like last year or better, he's gone. The players love him and a lot of the media are calling him one of the best OC's in the league. You don't think the guy who partially developed Cam, the quarterback who was doubted he'd ever turn into an efficient passer, wouldn't land a job? And the evil-mastermind behind that was Chud.

32nd in total yards per game to 7th(biggest jump in NFL history)

32nd in red zone to 7th

32nd in points per game to 5th

13th in rushing to 3rd

Very impressive after just one year, he has the same success again and I believe he'll land a job.

Archived