• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Prometheus Explained

twylyght

if it takes that much writing to explain a 2 hour film the writing isnt very good in either of them.

It was written by one of the Lost writers - which explains it all. Great ideas, absolutely no idea how to follow through with them.

I like your explaniations but I still think the movie was a bunch of crap. You really have to search deep to find any connection to Alien, hell the things you reference on your website in the first paragraph look absolutely nothing like alien, an octopus comes to mind when I see them....overall the movie was still.....meh

This one is closer to my views and touches on other questions/misconceptions that people have

This guy nailed it. It's exactly what I was thinking as well. He's also very right about he original Alien movie, a lot of questions were unanswered and people felt the same way about it, and now Prometheus is what Alien was back then.

I also thought you have to see this movie more than once. It did remind me of memento and Inception. You can't get everything in your first viewing.

This review says it well.

http://events.charlo...s#storylink=cpy

Here's a breif portion:

Characters act like morons, approaching fatal encounters with the trusting smiles of simpletons. Nobody thinks twice about holding a hissing snake up to his face or opening the ship’s door to a crew member who now crawls like a spider, his arms and legs bent backward under him.

If the film’s philosophy had some weight, maybe one could forgive the narrative lapses, the slack characterization, the superhuman feats performed by ordinary people with crippling injuries.

Archived