• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Funny read about Cam Newton from a year ago.

The forbes thread got me curious how much Cam makes in endorsements and somehow I ended up on a BR article calling him one of the biggest premature endorsement signings in the history of sports. I know, I know, BR is like 4 chan but I did find this amusing. This is honestly how some people thought just a year ago. Now Under Armour look like absolute geniuses.

As I said in the preamble to this humble little list, there's certainly no point in blaming Newton for suddenly being worth millions.

In fact, exactly how much his deal with Under Armour is worth is something that we don't know for sure, as terms of the deal were not disclosed.

What we do know, however, is that the deal is worth more than the one Reggie Bush got, which means that Newton has to be ahead of him by default.

Newton is no stranger to Under Armour, of course, as the company also had a big deal with the Auburn Tigers. As such, they're used to seeing Newton in their garb, so they may as well sign him up.

However, they are also now running the risk of being associated with a colossal bust.

http://bleacherrepor...-sports-history

BTW if anyone knows what Cam makes in endorsements I'm still looking.

When the Under Armour deal was signed there was no guarantee he would even be a top 10 pick. I think the most interesting part of this is the Under Armour angle. They gambled on Cam and it worked out well. When Cam was inked Under Armour stock was trading at $65 a share. Today it is over $100. They got him dirt cheap and they will ride him to glory.

Archived