• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Huddle Workout Warriors

Darth Biscuit

You dont want to put sedentary at all. Fyi i would just use you're own calculation for caloric intake. The myfitness pal one is pretty generic. Read this post to calculate or get something close..or use the spreadsheet in this link.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121703981&p=436716771#post436716771

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142296281&page=1

But you really dont need to eat chicken breasts and rice all day. Get your food intake in line with your macronutrients and in the end it really doesnt matter what you eat as long as you dont eat fast food all the time.

But, I feel lost Saltman, lol.

I've went all of these years thinking carbs were the enemy, and with the calculator at askscooby.com, which I read a lot of guys at the bodybuilding forums liked, it said I need like 55% carbs daily, 25% protein, and 20% fat. How the F is that gonna lean me out?

I thought chicken was ideal because it's a lean protein... Man, I don't even have that much variety in my cabinet.

I've been following the Navy Special Warfare physical training guide since March. The guide consists of running, swimming, lifting, and doing calisthenics, typically 6 days training with 1 day of rest. Other than that I try to stay active playing basketball, kayaking, jumping rope, etc.. My appetite is unreal these days with all the exercise. So far so good, I got picked up for a contract last week!

I fuging owned P90X plyometrics last night! I've been going with my brother to the gym twice a week to help him recover from his ACL surgery, while there I work out my legs so I've been getting a lot of extra leg work outs (this is on top of doing P90X with my hubby). My legs feel strong, however I've gained about 3 Lbs. I can't imagine it's from eating too much, I think it's in my legs, hopefully I'm not bulking up too much. Anyways I think the extra leg strength helped me with all the jump squats in plyo.

Can someone please help me with this stupid myfitnesspal app?

I set it as living a sedentary lifestyle, although I'm doing Insanity, so maybe I need to adjust that (the descriptions were going off of your job type).

But, it gave me a net calorie goal of 1,500 cals or so, which is incorrect according to other calculators I've used which suggested between 2800 and 2300 cals. I added that I would be doing circuit training for 45 mins, and it added 501 calories to the total.

This is where I'm having problems. If I went out and ate a double bacon cheesburger combo, I'd knock out 3/4 to the whole amount of calories I need for the day and no worries. Whereas, eating 6 oz. of grilled chicken and 3/4 a cup of green beans with olive oil only gave me about 159 cals for lunch. WTF?!?!

This is why I get so frustrated. I can't just sit around and stuff 2,500 cals of grilled chicken in my mouth all day when I'm getting full off of 6 oz of it at lunch and it barely gives me any calories. It's retarded. These requirements seem like so much eating it makes me feel like gagging.

What am I supposed to do. All I've ate so far is the lunch I mentioned and 2 cliff bars and I don't feel like I can spend the rest of the night trying to stuff my face without getting sick to get 1800 more cals.

If you're trying to lose weight I'd stick to around 1500-1800 calories. Try fruit for breakfast or oatmeal(100-200 calories), some kind of turkey, chicken or veggie sandwich for lunch (jimmy johns, subway, mcalisters, etc) and keep it around 500-700 calories, repeat for dinner.

Can someone please help me with this stupid myfitnesspal app?

I set it as living a sedentary lifestyle, although I'm doing Insanity, so maybe I need to adjust that (the descriptions were going off of your job type).

But, it gave me a net calorie goal of 1,500 cals or so, which is incorrect according to other calculators I've used which suggested between 2800 and 2300 cals. I added that I would be doing circuit training for 45 mins, and it added 501 calories to the total.

This is where I'm having problems. If I went out and ate a double bacon cheesburger combo, I'd knock out 3/4 to the whole amount of calories I need for the day and no worries. Whereas, eating 6 oz. of grilled chicken and 3/4 a cup of green beans with olive oil only gave me about 159 cals for lunch. WTF?!?!

This is why I get so frustrated. I can't just sit around and stuff 2,500 cals of grilled chicken in my mouth all day when I'm getting full off of 6 oz of it at lunch and it barely gives me any calories. It's retarded. These requirements seem like so much eating it makes me feel like gagging.

What am I supposed to do. All I've ate so far is the lunch I mentioned and 2 cliff bars and I don't feel like I can spend the rest of the night trying to stuff my face without getting sick to get 1800 more cals.

Agree with Salty...unless you're comatose..never put in Sedentary. I don't know what's telling you that 6 oz of chicken, green beans and olive oil are 159 calories, but they're lying :) olive oil alone is 120 calories per tablespoon. So you're probably eating way more calories than you think you are. What's your goal weight? It's not exact...but take your goal weight..and add a zero and that's the caloric intake you aim for....my goal weight was 130 lbs...so I aimed for 1300 calories a day.

I use Livestrong.com....that's really worked for me. Buy a food scale as well. You'll be surprised at how little 4 or 6 oz of meat really is and how big our portions really are

http://www.livestrong.com/myplate/

I've been doing crossfit for about a year and a half. After I did it for a couple months, I started on the Paleo diet and over the next six weeks dropped over 20 pounds. I've stayed with the diet for the most part, although right now I'm taking a short break from it. That's a huge part of any fitness program.

I travel a ton with my job, so it's hard to be consistent with workouts, but there are a lot of body weight routines you can do that are guaranteed to get funny looks in your average hotel "fitness center" that I like doing. You can also usually find a local crossfit box and work out for a drop-in fee. Crossfit is a lot like P90x, but it's generally done in a group setting with coaches and decent equipment. There's a lot more motivation, and a good focus on form that people like me need. It's highly addictive as well.

I wouldn't recommend daily caloric intake to someone if you don't know their weight or height. If you go on a 1000 caloric deficit or more you could possibly end up putting your body into starvation mode. Find out your tdee Diddy and eat 500 calories less then that day.

I take Mondays- Spin Class, Tues- Mix of 'Body comabt' Cardio, abs, squats, lunges, Wednesday- Cardio & Abs and Body Pump, Thursday- all cardio.

I usually like group exercises so I take classes at the Y. Lots of fun, and im doing really good. If I ate right, I'd be a fuging G.

I really need to get into doing more aerobic type workouts... I'd like to do more field type exercises, running sprints, pushing a sled, flipping a tire, etc. to work on my endurance and aerobic stuff, I think that would help me lose this last stubborn fat on my abs.

Classes are full of women, guys come and go, but its really for anyone. Its a really good workout

Salty's just jealous of all the hot women you're seeing in those classes... :)

I took Body Pump Monday with my wife and there were at least 8 really hot women in there... makes the class much more enjoyable.

I wouldn't recommend daily caloric intake to someone if you don't know their weight or height. If you go on a 1000 caloric deficit or more you could possibly end up putting your body into starvation mode. Find out your tdee Diddy and eat 500 calories less then that day.

If my fitness pal told him 1500 calories, then I'd do 1500 calories. 1800 if he is working out like he says.

Archived