• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Huddle Workout Warriors

Darth Biscuit

I work out 6 days a week. My workout routine consists of combinations of things I have found online and in magazines. It took me a while, but I figured out what worked best for me.

I take the Alarm before my workouts and take a protein powder after. I eat very healthy, which is the most important thing. My metabolism is very fast, and my weight before I started lifting was 138. I weigh 157 now and I am trying to get up to 160. I'm proud of what I have accomplished.

For the most part you just have to figure out what works best for you. There is no "one size fits all" workout routine. Everyone is different. Just work hard and you'll figure it out.

I work out 6 days a week. My workout routine consists of combinations of things I have found online and in magazines. It took me a while, but I figured out what worked best for me.

I take the Alarm before my workouts and take a protein powder after. I eat very healthy, which is the most important thing. My metabolism is very fast, and my weight before I started lifting was 138. I weigh 157 now and I am trying to get up to 160. I'm proud of what I have accomplished.

For the most part you just have to figure out what works best for you. There is no "one size fits all" workout routine. Everyone is different. Just work hard and you'll figure it out.

Never heard of that Alarm, just looked it up. After I get off this C4, I'll be looking for a new pre.

Never heard of that Alarm, just looked it up. After I get off this C4, I'll be looking for a new pre.

It's fairly new. I've taken C4 before. The main thing I like about Alarm is the fact that I have taken one scoop only since I got it. I haven't built up a tolerance to it yet. With C4, I was having to take up to 3 scoops to get any results. I hope Alarm stays at one scoop.

It's fairly new. I've taken C4 before. The main thing I like about Alarm is the fact that I have taken one scoop only since I got it. I haven't built up a tolerance to it yet. With C4, I was having to take up to 3 scoops to get any results. I hope Alarm stays at one scoop.

Agree... this is my second week on C4 and I'm up to 1.5 scoops... poo is expensive too.

That's a good plan and something a lot of people don't do, they'd rather sit in front of the TV.

I personally have to make it more structured than that for me to be motivated to do it... otherwise other life stuff gets in the way.

Don't think I can run a mile with my knees but I'm in the shape to do it, and can do all the rest of that stuff with ease. I could probably bench 215 18-20 times if I just laid down and did it... never really tried to see how many pull ups I can do, but I've been doing 4 sets of pull downs, then 3 sets of 10 pullups after that... so... Just trying to get back into squats, kills my shoulders to hold the bar on, but I'm working on it.

When you squat, is the bar on your back? If so, try doing lighter weight and front squats instead. You'll get a very good core workout and it'll put less stress on your back/shoulders.

My lifting routine is fairly simple and pretty old school. My days consist of Back/Biceps then Chest/Tris then Legs/Shoulders. After 6 weeks I rotate to Back/Chest then Bi/Tri/Shoulders then Heavy Legs. From there I mix it up to One lower body exercise and one upper body (Quads/Chest or Back/Hamstrings or some variation of that).

I usually walk/run in the morning, lift at lunch, boxing/kickboxing/jitsu/wrestling after work.

Mixing it up is the key for me. If my lifting routine becomes a routine, it's useless to me. Mix in cardio and core whenever you can but don't overdo your core, it's just like any other muscle group.

Yeah, I've tried squats with the bar on the front, have to be really, really careful with my lower back with those and can't go heavy at all.

I've recently gotten back to trying to do squats (bar on your traps) and the weight is no problem... I just have to hold the bar as far out as I can to reduce the stress on my shoulders. I did them for the first time in forever last week and did 10 reps at 275 no problem... just have to be careful with my shoulders.

Dude that's a quarter mile... how many repeats do you do???

I've very seriously considered enrolling in some MMA training or something, I know they do a lot of work like this^. Anybody got suggestions on that?

Right now I run about a mile for warm up, then run 4x400m, with 200m cooldowns in between. Then run a cooldown mile to finish. My pace during the 400m is just shy of my 5K pace, not quite a sprint but probably 80% effort. Goal is to run all repeats with the same pace. I'll increase to 5x400m pretty soon.

This is just speedwork day, mind you. Long runs are on the weekend and I do about a 6 miler then.

Archived