• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Huddle Workout Warriors

Darth Biscuit

I feel like salads are a waste, especially if you're trying to gain any kind of muscle mass.  There is very little nutritional value in most green lettuce, and the salad dressing most people use is really lacking as well.  Just my opinion.  Brown rice/quinoa, Brussels sprouts/broccoli/asparagus, and protein with some cottage cheese/greek yogurt on the side should get you through an entire week of lunch.  Protein bars [the low carb variety] for snacks.  And do egg whites on a bagel/english muffin for breakfast.  As for dinner, just go easy on carbs at night.  If you REALLY want to cut your weight, start eating only 1600 calories a day and doing cardio 5 days/week.  You will drop a TON and fast.  Won't gain muscle that way, but it's the best way to get rid of belly fat if that's your sole goal.

I love broccoli, but not uncooked broccoli. Cooking it, however, rids it of most of its nutritional value. So, I just throw raw broccoli into my salads and make sure its wrapped with lettuce or other vegetables when I eat it. 

If I could wean myself off huge breakfasts, I think I could slim my midsection down considerably. I've successfully cut down portion sizes for other meals and have eliminated snacks completely (save for the occasional bag of baby carrots I buy for snacking when I know I won't have much going on).

I had a weird cold this past week and today was my first day in the gym since last Saturday. I feel like I've lost months of progress in one week.

I love broccoli, but not uncooked broccoli. Cooking it, however, rids it of most of its nutritional value. So, I just throw raw broccoli into my salads and make sure its wrapped with lettuce or other vegetables when I eat it.

If I could wean myself off huge breakfasts, I think I could slim my midsection down considerably. I've successfully cut down portion sizes for other meals and have eliminated snacks completely (save for the occasional bag of baby carrots I buy for snacking when I know I won't have much going on).

I had a weird cold this past week and today was my first day in the gym since last Saturday. I feel like I've lost months of progress in one week.

Oatmeal and fruit a few days a week coverage the big breakfast.

My friend from the gym Erin that I posted earlier this week got 2nd in her weight class at the meet today, she pulled 285 on dead, did 280 on squat and 175 on bench for a total of 740 at 140lbs.

Stoked for her, she's been working hard.

I'm deadlifting tomorrow and hopefully I can pull a new PR. I've felt pretty good this week.

i hate that. i've been bartending for the ACC tourney all week, 80 hours, and when i finally get to the gym monday night it'll have been a week away. i already know i'm gonna feel like i've lost all sense of continuity… it's demoralizing

i hate that. i've been bartending for the ACC tourney all week, 80 hours, and when i finally get to the gym monday night it'll have been a week away. i already know i'm gonna feel like i've lost all sense of continuity… it's demoralizing

Play the cards you are dealt. Just walk for 30 mins or jump rope. Do something small rather than wait to lift.

I dont have much belly fat but there is enough to cover up my abs just a bit still and shredding this last bit so I can have defined abs has been impossible it seems. I run so much too, many hills. If I flex I can see the outline of my abs but not quite. What do I gotta do to get a ripped core without having to do sit ups and poo I hate sit ups and floor exercises

I dont have much belly fat but there is enough to cover up my abs just a bit still and shredding this last bit so I can have defined abs has been impossible it seems. I run so much too, many hills. If I flex I can see the outline of my abs but not quite. What do I gotta do to get a ripped core without having to do sit ups and poo I hate sit ups and floor exercises

I too try avoiding sit ups and crunches because they aggravate a back injury.

One key thing to remember if you're trying to isolate your abs is that they are relatively small. You can exhaust them quickly, but they also recover quickly. Otherwise, one key concept is to always contract your abs no matter what you're doing. Try lowering your stance and staying contracted while sprinting up a hill. Oddly, most people clench their jaws while running; concentrate that energy on contracting your abs. Sitting behind the wheel? Contract and relax. Contract and relax.  The best part is it honestly doesn't take long once you get in the habit.

I know how you feel. I was a skinny guy without much time on my hands to do much due to work. Got home tired and was difficult to get back out to the gym. Know what I did, I got 200lbs adjustable weights from Amazon and a bench from walmart. I have my own little place at home where I hit those weights and I have made so much progress. Maybe I will post some pics but yeah. You've got to make it a lifestyle and don't fret about how long it was since you last got to the gym. Any progress is progress. #keeppounding

I figured giving guys the bums rush would be very strenuous

Take winstrol.

Archived