• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Here is why I think the Panthers will go 9-7 at best

So your in-depth analysis consists of the following......I don't think we can beat top teams because I don't think we can beat top teams.

Got it....thanks for enlightening us. You have officially been raised to the ranks of a Saints or Bucs fan....which is one notch above the short bus.

See what I mean?:)

And I could be wrong but what I think he was saying was.....I dont think we can beat the top teams because we DIDNT beat the top teams.

But you're not taking into consideration that we CRUSHED those bad teams, honestly if our OLine stays healthy I don't see anyone stopping our running game.
Yeah, we really CRUSHED Oakland, Green Bay and Detroit didnt we? Even if we did WIPEEE! We beat the bad teams really bad! Guess what? We dont play any Detroits and Oaklands next year.

You had to bring Danny Bonaduce into it, didn't you?...

This is the NFL, no team is that much better than another team to predict months in advance of the season who will beat who, that's not reality, it's fantasy. We have a forum for that don't we?

isnt everything we do and post on here predictions and fantasy?

Some more than others. Some actually try to analyze rather than just take pot shots or be homers...

In other words, yeah, you're pretty much right...

gman has a little bit of a point with the beating of the bad teams. looking back at the last 3 years we really have beaten the good teams. we usually split or sweep on of our divisional rivals and pound the weak teams. i think the point we should take away is not wether or not we will be 12-4 vx 9-7 but can we win our division. if we do that it doesnt matter what our record is.

The reason i think this is because I don't think they can beat top teams and I think the snuck in a couple of victories lagainst average teams last year that they will not this year.

The first two victories of the season looked great at the time but it ends up that these were both .500 teams

they were .500 teams because carolina beat them.

Then loss to the vikings who ended up 10-6.

if carolina had beaten them they would have been 9-7, and you would have listed them along with the other "less than average" teams they beat.

Then Arizona - 2nd big time win although still a 9-7 team

...because of carolina.

Green Bay win - 6-10 team

partly because of carolina and the fact that they suck.

TB - good to win in division 9-7 team

again...because of carolina.

Denver 8-8

agaaaaaain...because of carolina.

Giants - better team than Carolina but put up a fight

the giants are not a better team than carolina. as a matter of fact, the giants had no answer for the panthers until the defense began to fold.

Carolina barely did better than 500 against the division - a 2 point win against NO at the end of the season ensured that they did

news flash...the nfc south almost went undefeated at home. it's impossible to have an impressive division record when home field advantage is dominant.

Carolina did not beat a team with a record better than 9-7 except Atlanta

again, those teams are 9-7 because of carolina. take away the carolina wins and most of those teams are 10-6 and quite possibly in the playoffs.

"because of carolina."

And the other 6 and 7 teams that also beat them. :rolleyes:

"partly because of carolina and the fact that they suck."

Ya think?:rolleyes:

"the giants are not a better team than carolina. as a matter of fact, the giants had no answer for the panthers until the defense began to fold."

And the panthers had no answer for the Giants. As a matter of fact thats why they beat us and rushed for over 300 yards on our defense and held Steve Smith to one catch in the 2nd half. As in matter of fact thats why the Giants are BETTER than the panthers.

"news flash...the nfc south almost went undefeated at home. it's impossible to have an impressive division record when home field advantage is dominant."

news flash....the nfc south all had VERY favorable schedules at home. Lets see if they duplicate that this year. Not likely though.

"again, those teams are 9-7 because of carolina. take away the carolina wins and most of those teams are 10-6 and quite possibly in the playoffs."

Again, you can say the same thing about the other 6 and 7 teams that beat them. Thats almost like saying the Lions went 0-16 because the other teams beat them. Pretty obvious isnt it? Should the panthers take credit for that?

"because of carolina."

"again, those teams are 9-7 because of carolina. take away the carolina wins and most of those teams are 10-6 and quite possibly in the playoffs."

Again, you can say the same thing about the other 6 and 7 teams that beat them. Thats almost like saying the Lions went 0-16 because the other teams beat them. Pretty obvious isnt it? Should the panthers take credit for that?[/QUOTE]

:D:lol:

I don't see how anyone can say we can't beat quality teams. We beat Arizona earlier in the year, you know, the team that went to the super bowl. We came within a wind gust of beating the Giants, the #1 seed. Look at some of the other wins we had...

San Diego - Won their division & we had Smitty out

Chicago - Without a L to us, would have tied for division title

Atlanta - Playoff team

TB - Makes the playoffs if we don't destroy them on MNF

Denver - Wins their division if not for the L to us

NO - #1 offense & 10-6 playoff team if we don't beat them twice

I'm not saying we definitely go 12-4 again, but to put 9 wins as the very highest we can achieve seems silly.

I don't see how anyone can say we can't beat quality teams. We beat Arizona earlier in the year, you know, the team that went to the super bowl. We came within a wind gust of beating the Giants, the #1 seed. Look at some of the other wins we had...

San Diego - Won their division & we had Smitty out

Chicago - Without a L to us, would have tied for division title

Atlanta - Playoff team

TB - Makes the playoffs if we don't destroy them on MNF

Denver - Wins their division if not for the L to us

NO - #1 offense & 10-6 playoff team if we don't beat them twice

I'm not saying we definitely go 12-4 again, but to put 9 wins as the very highest we can achieve seems silly.

Yeah and Arizona CRUSHED us when it counted and nearly beat us in the first game (and probably should have). The Giants were without Plexico and still managed to steam roll over our defense and WIN.

San Diego - Won their division with an 8-8 record. They were also without Shawn Merriman.:rolleyes:

Chicago - Had they beaten ANY of the 7 teams they lost to they would have tied for the division. Too bad they werent good enough.:rolleyes:

Atlanta - A playoff team that we beat early in the year when Matt Ryan was struggling and still learning. :rolleyes:

TB - Makes the playoffs if the didnt tank the last 4 games

Denver - Wins their division if not for the L to us and 7 other teams:rolleyes:

NO - #1 offense with a terrible defense. Would have won 10 games if they had won two more. :rolleyes:

so what is your analysis of how we will go 12-4 next year?

I never said that we would go 12-4. I believe 10-6, or maybe 11-5. We are still the class of the NFC South and all we need to do is win the Division.

People say that we were lucky to win against alot of teams last year. My take is that winner find ways to win.....losers jsut bitch about it after the fact.

Archived