• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do you think our Special Teams coverage could cost us games this year?

Panthersfan704

I understand the concern... I get it. I just refuse to hit the panic button over the final preseason game where the ST's players aren't even on the field at the same time bro. You got reserves in there trying to make the team. 22 of those guys won't make the team, may I remind you?

We're they returning punts for TD's when we faced the Jets? Oh that's right... That's when the REAL ST unit was on the field. For once, I can tell y'all to chill and pump the breaks.

We've all been there before. It's cool. Just breathe... I love each and every one of you and can't wait to go through this season with every one of you.

KO coverage wasn't good by the starters against the Jets or Texans.

based on what we've seen in limited action, yes. but i will reserve judgement for the unit's play over the first couple of games. first team passing offense looked like dogshit last preseason, with cam not scoring with a pass until the first series of the final game, and contrary to the dogshit offense predictions for week one based on that, we came out firing on all cylinders. granted cam is a special player, but the lesson to take from here is that preseason play is often an anomaly; while it can be indicative of larger-scale problems, it often simply is not.

basically what i'm saying is i sort of agree with trucatzfan. :blink:

STs are garbage every single seaon. They've cost us games for years now. I'm just going to assume this trend continues every year until they eventually prove otherwise.

I agree

the whole "scrubs giving up huge returns" thing isn't worrying me itself, but being backed up by the fact that our special teams has been the best at being the worst since like 2006 isn't giving me any confidence in this unit for this year.

based on what we've seen in limited action, yes. but i will reserve judgement for the unit's play over the first couple of games. first team passing offense looked like dogshit last preseason, with cam not scoring with a pass until the first series of the final game, and contrary to the dogshit offense predictions for week one based on that, we came out firing on all cylinders. granted cam is a special player, but the lesson to take from here is that preseason play is often an anomaly; while it can be indicative of larger-scale problems, it often simply is not.

basically what i'm saying is i sort of agree with trucatzfan. :blink:

I'm un blocking you. It's a new year, and I have forgiven you. 70 times 7... I hope that we can be frans In the future

Archived