• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stoopid Fugheads

Panther_mountain

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

pretty sure we won't see any pro hockey until 2013, if at all this season.

the NHL and the NHLPA can both kiss my ass. I promise you right here and now, this hockey fan won't be spending a rotten dime on anything NHL related this year.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm playing GM mode in NHL '13 with waivers and cap on. This is my team:

A. Semin - E. Staal - M. St.Louis

T. Ruutu - J. Staal - J. Skinner

J. Jokinen - R. O'Reilly - C. LaRose

A. Nodl - J. Tlusty - J. Samson

P. Subban - J. Faulk

T. Gleason - J. Pitkanen

C. White - J. Corvo

C. Ward

J. Peters

Looks pretty damn good to me. Hopefully I can win a Stanley Cup with that team.

This is the only hockey I can look forward to sadly.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm playing GM mode in NHL '13 with waivers and cap on. This is my team:

A. Semin - E. Staal - M. St.Louis

T. Ruutu - J. Staal - J. Skinner

J. Jokinen - R. O'Reilly - C. LaRose

A. Nodl - J. Tlusty - J. Samson

P. Subban - J. Faulk

T. Gleason - J. Pitkanen

C. White - J. Corvo

C. Ward

J. Peters

Looks pretty damn good to me. Hopefully I can win a Stanley Cup with that team.

This is the only hockey I can look forward to sadly.

For God sakes, get a backup goalie!

For God sakes, get a backup goalie!

I've tried, but Peters is rated at 78 which is pretty high for a backup. Not really that many more backup goalies with a higher rating. He did really well last year when he played. Better than 2010.

The highest backup is Vokoun at 87 but really should be a starter. Way too much to get him. Schneider is at 83, but is too hard to obtain, plus if there was a season this year I can almost guarantee he would be the starter for Vancouver. I've been trying to get Bernier who is at 80 but I would have to give up too much for just 2 more points.

I've also made a lot of trades so I'll update the current roster

E. Staal - J. Staal - M. St. Louis

T. Rutuu - J. Pavelski - D. Brown

J. Jokinen - R. O'Reilly - J. Skinner

D. Miller - B. Boyle - C. LaRose

D. Girardi - P. Subban

T. Gleason - K. Shattenkirk

M. Greene - J. Faulk

C. Ward

C. Crawford

Scratches:

F: E. Christensen

D: B. Lee

I switch Jordan and Pavelski back and forth sometimes making Jordan the 2nd line center and Pavelski the first line LW.

Edit:

Well I just got Corey Crawford as my backup goalie. Didn't think it would be that easy. He's an 82 rating. Then traded Murphy for Dekanich from Winnipeg. Hes a 73 rating and 26 years old. Murphy was a 64 rating and 23 years old. Not that much age difference, but huge ratings gap. It's pretty fun playing GM. You got to match the salary, potential, and trade value. I get rid of players I haven't heard of that are rated really low but for some reason have pretty good trade value. I use them in trades for the guys I got above along with draft picks. I can also get draft picks back by using more of those same type of guys.

Finally was about to get my favorite player on the team, Patrick Kane. Had to do like a 3 way trade involving Anaheim and Chicago. Traded St. Louis and a 1st (I had an extra from a previous trade) to Anaheim for Bobby Ryan then traded Ryan and two 1sts and one 2nd for Kane. Gave up a lot but i dont care. Kane is my favorite NHL player. I still have a 2nd rounder from the drafts where I gave up the two 1sts anyway.

Top line is: E. Staal - J. Staal - P. Kane

And earlier I got MacDonald from NY Islanders for B. Lee so MacDonald is the 3rd line Dman beside Greene and Faulk is a healthy scratch.

Edit: Glad I save multiple versions of GM mode. I just went back before all this and didn't have to acquire Perry to get Kane. Just traded St. Louis for Kane straight up along with 2 1sts and a 2nd. So Now i get to keep one of my 1sts i used the first time to get Ryan.

funny thing happened. I picked up the best free agent forward I could find to play in Charlotte. Oskar Osala. High rating for an AHL player, young, and pretty good potential. Best free agent I picked up. I google him and he actually played for the Checkers last season! lol

Archived