• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam's performance

Cam played very well considering the defense knew we had given up on the run. Those interceptions are expected when you're asked to pass the ball that many times. The defense was already expecting a pass for the entire second half and its amazing that he still went 23/33, passed for 300+ yards and got 10 points out of it. Blaming a player for throwing a couple of picks while being the only dimension of this one-dimensional offense is just silly. Not only should Cam be given a break, but he should be praised for having to go to work without a running game and still showing up. Blame Chud for the couple of mistakes Cam made because he's the one who gave up on the running game even though we were only at a 6 point deficit. We abandoned the run because of the 13 point lead, but not bringing back the run when only down 6 points is just ridiculous. It was not a well-called game, and I hope Chud can learn from this.

Am I the only one who didn't think the 1st INT was bad? Maybe I have shades on (but considering I've constantly argued against Cam this offseason for people who overhype him, which I can acknowledge even with as much as I love him) but the ball hit the receivers chest. It was not triple coverage like people keep saying. DB just made a great play on the ball, led to a tipped ball, and Barber picks it off. It only looked like triple coverage because DBs broke on the ball quickly as soon as it was tipped. Just one of those things that happen.

I thought Newton looked terrific. 2nd interception was terrible but all in all, he is FAR from one of our worries. Or at least he should be.

You are a f*cking retard.

...and you have great command of the English language.

Newton performed poorly. The team performed poorly. I gave reasons why I didn't like his performance yesterday.

If that hurt people's emotional attachment to Cam, sorry.

If Jake Delhomme had that performance yesterday, this board would have exploded

I am/was a huge Newton supporter and the people calling me absurdly a 'racist' yesterday need to go back and check the history on my posts about Newton.

Also, 'racist' is word that should not be thrown around to anyone without evidence because I questioned his ability. The two are a non-sequitor.

If a receiver has 3 people around him, odds are nothing good is going to come of that, but he made the decision anyway. He killed yet another drive with that decision Sorry. If 3 defenders are

on one receiver, odds are someone else is alone. Find that receiver and the ending is

different.

To me, a QB is someone who leads his team from behind to win, someone people believe will make it happen. That's what elite QBs do. He is elite in FF. I have him as my QB in FF. A lot different on the field were Ws matter, not stats.

Next week, the Panthers play a team that was man handled by the Redskins. Let's see how they do.

ONLY 10 RUSHING YARDS FOR THE ENTIRE TEAM. Not good.

It's so sad to see how some of you in such denial about your team as a whole and assume a QB is simply the answer. When every team sees your QB as the most consistent threat on the team outside of maybe Smitty and do everything to stop him. Sadly, it working becaue the team seem to think Cam can do it all, that is not a good sign for your team. That sends a message that the rest of the team is being very lazy and is solely dependent on the QB to do all the work.

When Cam only has a couple of seconds to read the field before he makes a decision because the O-Line shuts down so quickly that isn't good. And FYI, that was the BIGGEST problem with the O-line last season also. It obviously didn't get fix. Maybe because so much is expected the QB and very, very little from the rest of the team.

Look how elated you were over the defense giving Josh who really wasn't playing that great, so much time in the pocket. Any other QB, and the score would have been much higher.

I have to say, as an outsider following the Panthers for a year now, the spirit of team is a lot like it's fans..Very up and down. There is no consistency in the emotions of the Panther team. So any given Sunday you don't know what you will get.

Look at the Eagles and Lions. The QBs were interception city but the TEAM helped them make the plays and pull out wins. It's clear they don't leave everything up to their QB.

Considering the "performance" of the OL, I thought he played decent. The first INT should've been a pass interference, but it was a bad decision to throw into triple coverage. The second INT was another bad decision, but didn't really hurt us too bad since it was already 3rd and long and that INT basically equaled a 30 yard punt.

When the OL is struggling like they were today, Chud has to stop trying to be cute and call some quick hitter plays or some max protect plays to get us cranking. He called way too much slow developing bullshit today and the Bucs just kept pinning their ears back and bringing the heat.

I think you're spot on with your assessment - and was thinking the same thing. I watched Robert Griffin start the game off 7 for 7 yesterday, with almost all screens and quick passes. Those slow developing plays are too much for the o-line right now. I thought a few screens would have gone a long way in getting Cam's confidence up and our RBs going as well.

Archived