• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gettis?

Dash Global

David gettis potential is through the roof IMO if he's healthy murphy is #4.

Fans who genuinely followed the Panthers two years ago know of his great potential and athletic ability. People who mock Gettis fans are either new fans or just casual fans. Problem is Gettis's potential may never be realized. If he isn't healthy by week 6 I don't think he will be around much longer.

Exactly, gettis to me looked like a young chad johnson his rookie and thats not a bad thing. if he can over come his health issues and when i say health i don't mean his knee because thats not why hes on pup lists he has the potential to be the heir to smitty but like others have said if he doesn't get on the field that potential will never be recognized.

Fans who genuinely followed the Panthers two years ago know of his great potential and athletic ability. People who mock Gettis fans are either new fans or just casual fans. Problem is Gettis's potential may never be realized. If he isn't healthy by week 6 I don't think he will be around much longer.

So long as he stays in the top 4 - 5 WR spots he is fine imo

The only sure things we have now at WR are an aging Smith and Lafell. Gettis is more than fine for the time being.

I was incredibly excited about Gettis last offseason. Now I fear he might not fit with this team. He hasn't had the time to click with Cam. I like the mojo that our WR's have going right now. Theres no telling how he'll be after this injury which has taken him a LONG time to recover from. And maybe most importantly the coaching staff has no ties to him. Lafell has emerged as a real #2. Murphy has been solid. I don't know if I want to disrupt that.

I don't doubt that he has enormous potential, I still remember that ankle-breaker he laid on the 49ers for his first TD (I think it was his first anyways)... but damn, I don't think he should just come in at week 6 and take over someone's position like was being suggested just because of 'potential'. Lafell is ballin right now and Murphy has looked sharp the times he has been targeted. I'm sure Gettis will have more than enough time to prove himself when/if he bounces back from his injury.

Archived