• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers looking to upgrade B.o.A with escalators and new video board.

Panthersfan704

Haha, they need "Walk on the left, stand on the right" signs. If people try that standing on the left poo in DC Metro they get run the fug over.

Yep. I lived in DC for two years, which is why I'm not big on the idea of escalators personally. The escalators were broken more than they worked and the lazy fat ass tourists would get in the way.

Yep. I lived in DC for two years, which is why I'm not big on the idea of escalators personally. The escalators were broken more than they worked and the lazy fat ass tourists would get in the way.

Yes but this is because DC is full of tourists and the escalators are always broken there because Metro employees suck. Escalators everywhere else work well. How often do you see the mall escalator not working?

Yes but this is because DC is full of tourists and the escalators are always broken there because Metro employees suck. Escalators everywhere else work well. How often do you see the mall escalator not working?

heh, well in college I worked in Carolina Place mall. I was usually there 5 days a week and the escalators would usually stop working once a week.

Escalators have a lot of moving parts and they often break because people today are fat as poo and because people throw stuff down on them that get caught and cause the thing to breakdown.

At Panthers games you have a lot of fat people and a lot of drunk people throwing things on the ground.

Fortunately, they only have to work for 10-13 games per year, so it may not be a big issue, but I view them as wasted money. Walking those ramps is maybe a half mile worth of walking. That's nothing.

I bet they are kicking themselves about having to already replace the outdated video boards.

Yeah, I was gonna say - they just replaced the video boards a little while back.

Personally I don't think the video boards need upgrading again, they're perfectly fine IMO. It sounds like a case of keeping up with the Joneses (literally).

Escalators have a lot of moving parts and they often break because people today are fat as poo and because people throw stuff down on them that get caught and cause the thing to breakdown.

At Panthers games you have a lot of fat people and a lot of drunk people throwing things on the ground.

Fortunately, they only have to work for 10-13 games per year, so it may not be a big issue, but I view them as wasted money. Walking those ramps is maybe a half mile worth of walking. That's nothing.

If the weight of the passengers actually breaks the escalator, then I am thinking they need decent escalators. No way the weight should impact the operation of the thing even if there is a 100 fat people on it.

I walk an hour every day, and walking the ramps doesn't bother me. Got to admit though that the walk up to the nosebleed sections when I buy tickets up there gets me a little winded. But then I am old. :)

If they do it with private money great ill pitch a bit into the pot. But we built that stadium without the city governments help and we dont need em getting involved now. I still have issues with the bobcats arena thing and how they ignored the city vote on the thing so I may be a bit (very) worried about Charlotte gov getting involved and screwing this up 2.

Archived