• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers sign C Thomas Austin

Racist Cat Lady

The way the league is now, the bye week gives time to rest, but not really more practice time. I think the players are off until Tuesday and many are on mini-vacations.

Byes give the coaches more time to prepare, but that's about it.

Yeah, thats true but I'm sure that their will be some practice time in there...somewhere

Huh? How does he sit in the pocket while running the read option more than 50% of the time?

Um....you do realize we pass more than run on offense. You do realize we pass out of read option looks heavily? Newton constantly has his pocket disrupted by poor G play. He is a pocket passer who runs. He can move in the pocket with poor T play....see last year. He can't with poor G play

Um....you do realize we pass more than run on offense. You do realize we pass out of read option looks heavily? Newton constantly has his pocket disrupted by poor G play. He is a pocket passer who runs. He can move in the pocket with poor T play....see last year. He can't with poor G play

Not questioning the fact the Panthers pass more than run. Not questioning the poor guard play and that he constantly has to move to create space. But I respectfully disagree that he passes from the pocket more than he moves out of it and tries to throw..

I think he could be a very good pocket passer. I think he could be a very good passer if moves out of the pocket and has the opportunity to set his feet. I think he's a terrible passer on the run or when he's being pushed away from the pocket. At that point it's probably best he become a running back and just take the hits.

Archived