• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Publix expanding to NC.

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

never shopped there before but have heard more than one person be exited about it...a grcery store... so I guess it should be awesome.

I like HT, like how clean it is and food is always fresh, HT just b ought lowes food too, HT's monopoly here in NC will be hard to match

I live in Atlanta where Publix dominates. Publix is a decent store for your basics but having lived in NC for many years before moving to Atlanta, I definitely miss the relative quality of the meat and seafood departments at Harris Teeter relative to Publix. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that HT has wonderful meat and seafood departments, but they are certainly better than Publix at the average store. I go to the Farmers Market, a butcher, or Whole Foods to get all my meat and seafood because Publix is terrible. Their produce is acceptable but I'd still prefer Harris Teeter.

It's nothing to get excited about.

There are no discount cards akin to the VIC card. Just regular sales and they are almost exclusively 2 for 1.

I live in Atlanta where Publix dominates. Publix is a decent store for your basics but having lived in NC for many years before moving to Atlanta, I definitely miss the relative quality of the meat and seafood departments at Harris Teeter relative to Publix. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that HT has wonderful meat and seafood departments, but they are certainly better than Publix at the average store. I go to the Farmers Market, a butcher, or Whole Foods to get all my meat and seafood because Publix is terrible. Their produce is acceptable but I'd still prefer Harris Teeter.

It's nothing to get excited about.

There are no discount cards akin to the VIC card. Just regular sales and they are almost exclusively 2 for 1.

Depends on your store. Some meat departments are better than others. For example our meat and seafood are amazing at my store but our Deli sucks. I work there so it's good news for me. I'd like to be closer to family.

Fwiw, we shop at three different places. Food Lion for the basics like flour, canned goods, milk and some produce. Lowes foods for high quality meat, and Sam's club for items that can be bought in bulk. My wife has 50lbs bags of rice and other staples.

Fwiw, our Food Lion is great. Its clean, the people are friendly, and its convenient.

Archived