• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cams presser 10/31/12

King Taharqa

Exactly. Win a few games and he'll be the media darling again. That's just the way it works.

It is so sad that you even have to post this. I cannot believe how ignorant people are of what drives the media. They follow the winning team's QBs and harp on the losing team's QBs. This is especially true of the ones that made them look completely inept at their supposed careers.

lol because people love to hear about drama; i.e time The Golden Calf of Bristol and the pets. any kind of presser its obvious he thinks before he says anything, and he even says it himself. fuggin media tryin to start sensless poo. whats new?

For people who say he came to Loserville, sorry but a team that has the #1 pick in the draft, odds are it isn't a playoff team and probably won't be for years.

The reality is the Panthers took a chance on Newton when many supposed NFL pundits said he was a sure bust.

Cam is also getting $25 million for his efforts. More than all of us will collectively earn in our lifetime and that does not include endorsements.

My biggest complaint about the media is, why aren't you comparing Cam to Sam Bradford, Andy Dalton, Christian Ponder, Blaine Gabbert. Those are his draft class or close to it excluding Bradford.

Net, I chose to be hopeful that this is the worst era of Newton's career, that a new and good GM and smart hard nosed experienced Coach will come over here to help this team and this organization turn the corner.

...and also hopeful that the lessons Cam learns, both good and bad, makes him better.

Why not think positively about the future. JR has done what everyone has wanted, including me, he fired Hurney and he is taking this thing out of the incestuous 'hire my family, hire my friends' to hire who people like Ron Wolfe and Ernie Arcosi recommend. This, is the best move he has made since he owned the team.

...the reality for Carolina too, is they existed before Newton, they will exist if he leaves...same for the NFL. Hopefully, it never comes to that.

oh my lord that stare is petrifying.

frankly i can't blame cam for the way he treats the media. any soundbite they can get of him to take out of context they abuse. i believe it was malcolm x who said the media is the most powerful force in the world. it can make the guilty innocent and the innocent guilty because it controls the minds of the masses.

This board's population is going to nosedive if Cam leaves the Panthers. Whichever team he goes to will instantly have that team's message board population doubled and full of excuse-makers.

Just have to be honest. That's how it is. It annoys me that some people truly find no fault in anything he does, but it also annoys me when people blame him for everything and complain "because he didn't congratulate Murphy on recovering his fumble for a TD." Good God. Get a grip, guys. Cam's not perfect, and you won't go to Racist Hell if you say he's not perfect. At least I hope not.

A few wins and the vibe will change. The problem is the team needs some sustained wins to keep that good vibe, and many of the personnel we have are unfit to get us to that point.

We have a great nucleus with Cam, Kuechly, Stewart, Olsen, Kalil and several others. We should break the bank for the guys when their contracts run out and keep them while making sure we surround them with talent and not "it's OK to lose" attitudes like we have every other time we've "rebuilt."

Archived