• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Where are we?

lightsout

Very simple question for each of you: where are you on this team? I'm cautiously skeptic. I want to say we're a competitive team, or at least starting to become one. We're a big man away from being very good, IMO. Once our core of Walker, MKG, and Haywood really gel and become the scoring machine that, thus far, they've show they can be offensively, and as long as our post play just does it's job, we'll be competitive as is. We get a Zeller-type player in the draft next year and we could be talking a playoff berth.

One note: We HAVE to get better at the free-throw line. 18-28 tonight. We got rebounds off some of those misses, but we can't rely on that every week and expect to win. Get the easy points when they are there.

As of now, I see us floating around .500 this season. Maybe a bit above it, maybe a bit below. I see us knocking off a playoff team as well (hell, the Mavs may end up making it once Dirk comes back, but I mean ANOTHER playoff team).

What say you?

Optimistic about the future for certain. This year is already infinitely better than last year - probably 25+ wins or so. I'd be ecstatic if we teetered around .500 but don't see it Hendo's absence shows his worth on defense alone and we really need to sign him to an extension. We also need to extend Gordon's contract after he exercises his PO next year. He still has 6th man of the year material.

I won't sweat the draft until lottery selection day.

Optimistic about the future for certain. This year is already infinitely better than last year - probably 25+ wins or so. I'd be ecstatic if we teetered around .500 but don't see it Hendo's absence shows his worth on defense alone and we really need to sign him to an extension. We also need to extend Gordon's contract after he exercises his PO next year. He still has 6th man of the year material.

I won't sweat the draft until lottery selection day.

I don't know about that. Jeff Taylor has locked down pretty much everybody that he has guarded.

I think based from how they been playing from the start of the season that we're clearly aren't the worst team. And I think we're out of the Top3-4 pick. We're better than Detriot, Washington, Toronto, and Sac.

As much as I want to land a top4 pick for a Zeller, Noel, Shabazz or McAdoo, gotta say goodbye to them. And I hate it!

But I guess I'll take a Tony Mitchell (SF/PF), Steven Adams C, Alex Poythress (SF/PF), Rudy Gobert C, or Isaiah Austin (PF/C).

Missing out on a top 5 pick this year would be a huge set back for this team. Cho knows this, so I have a sneaking suspicion that we will suffer a few "injuries" to our best players in the last month or 2 and end up with around 20-25 wins

Yea I really hope so. But maybe Cho is brighter than that and is Lookin toward the future, future. That is, the "2014 Draft". Lol

Say we take someone like Austin or Gobert next year and play our cards right to get an impact player like an Andrew Wiggins, Jabari Parker or Julius Randle.

tbh, I really have enjoyed watching the hustle that this team brings but two things kill it for me:

Henderson's 18foot jumper to nowhere routine.

Mullens Brick-it-from-Deep routine.

Taking contested long 2s with plenty of time on the shot clock or Mullens just taking 3s in general really grind my gears. There are at least 5 plays a game where I want to throw something through my TV to hit Byron in the head....he's just not a very smart basketball player...but he has greatly improved his hustle on the boards....which has paid big dividends in our two wins up to this point. My frustration with the 3s is really because we are so much weaker down low and we have a 7 footer who wants to be reggie miller...lol

IMO, Hendo is an unnecessary cog to this team and doesn't add much if Taylor can step up and hit some timely 3s as he seems more than capable of playing as good or better D at this point.

Again, just my opinion, but I like overall where they are headed, even though it is an inevitable top 5 pick again this year...

tbh, I really have enjoyed watching the hustle that this team brings but two things kill it for me:

Henderson's 18foot jumper to nowhere routine.

Mullens Brick-it-from-Deep routine.

Taking contested long 2s with plenty of time on the shot clock or Mullens just taking 3s in general really grind my gears. There are at least 5 plays a game where I want to throw something through my TV to hit Byron in the head....he's just not a very smart basketball player...but he has greatly improved his hustle on the boards....which has paid big dividends in our two wins up to this point. My frustration with the 3s is really because we are so much weaker down low and we have a 7 footer who wants to be reggie miller...lol

IMO, Hendo is an unnecessary cog to this team and doesn't add much if Taylor can step up and hit some timely 3s as he seems more than capable of playing as good or better D at this point.

Again, just my opinion, but I like overall where they are headed, even though it is an inevitable top 5 pick again this year...

I have been tough on Hendo but he has improved. Still I believe he's a better fit for a team like the Lakers coming off the bench. Hendo is not going to be the face of this Franchise. Maybe we could trade him?

Archived