• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cats vs Bucs

cavic7585

Has anyone noticed we have been slowly going away from the zone-defense these past several games?

Yes I noticed that tonight. I would rather us play intense man to man with solid help from the weak side, rotations etc. than a zone. We also have backed off with the full court. I dont mind these in moderation but i think dunlap is adapting our team to what suits us best.

I was waiting to get league pass because I didn't want to sign up for it just to get the SD version of games on Sportsouth+... I can't take it anymore... I'm gonna have to get it so I can watch the games.

I told everyone we would be better than what people expected, but this is almost even better than I expected. Dunlap should be in line for COY.

You know the funny thing @Bounty and Daddy Uncle? I actually think this team is more capable of stealing some games if they get into the first round of the playoffs versus what we had when we made it before. Plus, there's no real dominant team in the east right now aside from MIA and NY, and I still think we could get a game from either of those teams.

So, color me excited.

I think that when this team matches up against an opponent without above average offensive bigs down on the post, they have a great shot to win. And they were getting lit up by three-point shooters early on, but they're not getting killed as bad on the perimeter now. As was pointed out several posts ago, the defensive scheme has changed and they are staying with the shooters more. I like it. Dunlap is already showing an ability to adapt, and you can tell he's constantly evaluating his lineups to maximize the rotations and match-ups.

As soon as Hendo comes back, hopefully we will only see Reggie Williams in garbage time. And big props to Jeff Taylor - he had a hell of a game tonight and got more offensive confidence.

I will say that for Ben Gordon's shooting ability and offensive spark he brings off the bench, he has absolutely no handles and looks like a turnover waiting to happen unless he can catch and shoot. When he is trapped or has to create off the dribble, it's going the other way.

I love how MKG, when he has an off night with his shot, still gets like, 9 boards and gets to the charity stripe a good bit, going 7/8 tonight.

Good games by Mullens (coming into his own as the season progresses), Sessions (another solid performance), and Kemba hit his little streak, as usual. I love this team.

If I were Jerry Richardson, I'd buy out an entire section and order all the coaching staff and players to sit an watch this team to see what heart and grit are. Then I'd pay Dunlap to give Rivera a seminar on the art of making adjustments and player development

Man, the Carolina's need a sports team to rally around since the Panthers have sh*t the bed as usual, and it looks like the Cats are up for the challenge! Great win over a very good Bucks team. A team around here that can give us a +.500 record. Time to stock up on Bobcat gear

Archived