• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Those of you with a truck

Hawk

I love my Toyota Tundra.

4 doors leather and power with Toyota quality

Saw one of those when I was Ocean City. Had the rear power windows, leather seats, bose sound system the whole nine. Thinking Bose was a custom job though.

I wouldn't get a Dodge if it were me... I'd stick with something Chevrolet... or a Ford Raptor (even though I'm not a fan of Ford parts, they won with this truck)...

I like Raptors but they don't seem very practical for the everyday driver. They are offroading machines.

newer than an 88!!!

I'm thinking just a couple of years old. I don't want to pay for brand new so I'm happy to let someone else eat the crap out of the day one drop in value!!!

I'm looking for 2008 and newer I think right now. I haven't done any homework, but so far I really like the newer Dodge 1500's, and I've never really been a Dodge fan

Ha ha. My only complaint about Dodge vehicles is they seem to have interiors that fall apart way to quick. We have several in our vehicle fleet at work, and all of the interiors have something broke.

You'll get a thousand different opinions... I know people that love Fords and people that hate them... same for every model.

If I was getting a truck, I'd get a pre-'97 Ford with the straight six, or a 90's model Chevy with a V8.

So, so many choices... crew cab, extended cab, short wheelbase, long wheelbase, etc., etc...

The Ford 300 was one of the most durable engines I have ever seen.

To hawk...I drive an 04 silverado 1500 z71. It's been great and only cosmetic things are going wrong but that's my fault. My dad an bro also drive Chevy trucks. 3500 and 1500 respectively. Dad was raised with the brand and did the same with me.

Positives for them are many. Resale, mpg, bulletproof drivetrain, payload are big ones.

If Fords are shitty, why were they the only American Auto manufacturer to not need a bail out?

Getting back on topic, how new of a truck do you want?

I think the answer to your question about ford is that they are made easy to buy. It seems to me they're is always some special for loan rates or cash back. And I don't think ford is totally shitty. I just don't think they are as good as gm.

Also, my 2 cents about Dodges are that they are the choice "fleet vehicle" for a reason...

They are cheaply made, but they do hold up pretty well for at least 100,000 miles...

We only get about 100,000 or so out of our fleet vehicles before something pretty major goes wrong, and instead of fixing it, my agency typically just surpluses them and gets new ones...

Guest Super_Freak

Ha ha. My only complaint about Dodge vehicles is they seem to have interiors that fall apart way to quick. We have several in our vehicle fleet at work, and all of the interiors have something broke.

The Ford 300 was one of the most durable engines I have ever seen.

Lol the headliner in my Dodge came loose and i had to have it fixed along with the glove box but it ran great since i've owned it.

300 is a great lil motor.

If you're looking at newer, the Tundras and Titans are definitely in play. My buddy has a Tundra and it is freaking huge.

If I was getting a truck, I'd want to take it on the beach and in the woods and therefore wouldn't really want a new one.

My dad has an '03 Chevy Z71 extended cab that's loaded. I've considered buying it from him, but honestly I don't really need it. It's significantly bigger than my current vehicle (which is an Explorer) and although the gas mileage is probably the same, I just can't justify a new payment since the Explorer is paid off. That Chevy is a nice truck... if was buying a newer one, I would definitely go Chevy/GMC over Ford... but would consider the foreign models too just because they are so nice.

Those new GM quad cabs are nice and like you Hawk, I really love the way the new Dodge's look too. Like I said, tons of choices.

I plan to get a new 1500 silverado in about five years. The current one is at about 105,000 right now, and my dad's 72 C10 made it to well over 250k with just routine maintenance. And he sold it for more than what he paid for it after owning it 10 years. So I've got plenty of miles left I think, and trade in value will still be decent.

Archived