• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Albert Breer's 2013 GM List

Ruff

Tom Gamble, San Francisco 49ers director of player personnel: A name on the cusp, Gamble has pro and college scouting background, as well as coaching experience. He interviewed in St. Louis last year; that the Niners have sustained last season's success only helps his cause.

John Idzik, Seattle Seahawks vice president of football administration: Idzik is a sleeper to keep an eye on, because of his versatility. He's a business-side guy who runs the team's cap, but he also does some college scouting for Schneider and has a wealth of experience with franchise rebuilds, going back to Dungy's Bucs.

Marc Ross, New York Giants director of college scouting: A finalist in Chicago last year, Ross is in the running for the Panthers job now. The book on Ross: He's a good communicator and evaluator with, as one Giants official put it, "an executive skill set." One question that came up in my research: Can he win the interview with the owner?

Link

I quoted the ones I find most interesting. I'm a huge fan of Tom Gamble, and I think he could definitely be in the running for Carolina. I like John Idzik, and found it interesting with the "franchise rebuilds" part. And, of course, the fact that Marc Ross' says that he's "in the running" for the job.

I like that list.

(1) Tom Gamble

(2) John Idzik

(3) Marc Ross

Ross seemed like the hot name for a lot of the fans at the moment but I like Gamble and Idzik above him.

Gamble, SF:

Crabtree, Iupati, Anthony Davis, Willis, Bowman, Vernon Davis, Kaepernick, Culliver, Aldon Smith

John Idzik, Seattle:

Earl Thomas, Chancellor, Bobby Wagner, Russell Wilson, Doug Baldwin, Golden Tate, Bruce Irvin, Sherman, Carpenter, Browner

Marc Ross, NYG:

Nicks, Cruz, JPP, Prince, Linval Joseph, Kenny Phillips, Marvin Austin, Hosley, David Wilson

If Ross is it, does that not imply Perry Fewell? Who knows though.

I'm fine with Ross too, an up and comer from a winning organization. The ties with NY are there already. JR is close to the Maras'.

Not completely. Keep in perspective that when Dirmitrov came to ATL, he hired a coach outside the Patroits coaching staff and instead went for a Jaguars coach named Mike Smith, seems to work out so far.

I could see Ross doing the same and bring someone unknown in like a Gus Bradley or Winston Moss or break tradition and bring in an offensive guru like Rick Dennison or Tom Clements.

Link

I quoted the ones I find most interesting. I'm a huge fan of Tom Gamble, and I think he could definitely be in the running for Carolina. I like John Idzik, and found it interesting with the "franchise rebuilds" part. And, of course, the fact that Marc Ross' says that he's "in the running" for the job.

Good stuff, Ruff. In addition to these three, I also would like to see Omar Khan (Steelers) and Tom Telesco (Colts) get consideration. Both have a wealth of experience working with winning organizations. Kevin Abrams (Ass't GM/Giants) and Brian Gaine (Ass't GM/Dolphins) may also be worth a look.

Archived