• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

An article that gives hope for the future

teeray

Maybe it is false hope, but hope of any kind is better than despair.

Although I don't really want to hire Parcells or Gruden, the underlying message that this is a team that just needs direction, and statistical basis for that feeling has me more optimistic about our future

http://www.footballp...-of-retirement/

The good-natured jabs at Parcells at the beginning of the post underscore two key points: Parcells was in high enough demand that he could wait for the perfect job to open up and he was smart enough to recognize a good opportunity. I’d argue that Carolina is probably the largest sleeping giant (whatever that means) of the last 20 years. Whoever coaches the 2013 Panthers will probably win 8 games without breaking a sweat. True, the NFC South will be tough, but the Panthers have a strong nucleus and will have some high draft picks.

Guy fails to realize Gruden isn't that great of coach. Maybe when lined up next to a spare like Rivera, he looks like surf n' turf, but all in all, I want someone hungry and here for the next decade. Not a guy looking to land a huge check & jump into a perfect situation.

Give me Mike Zimmer and lets create our own damn Gruden.

great read...but what is he thinking that parcells would want to do here? coach? GM? run the show?

don't particularly want parcells. don't want gruden unless he's grown up and is less of a putz than he was at tampa. as much as i don't want gruden to come, i don't want another DC turning into a HC. i've grown so weary of that it isn't funny. we need to go aggressive. we need to go offensive.

love the article, tho. "the biggest sleeping giant of the last 20 years". love it.

once this team figures out how to win, it's not going to stop.

great read...but what is he thinking that parcells would want to do here? coach? GM? run the show?

don't particularly want parcells. don't want gruden unless he's grown up and is less of a putz than he was at tampa. as much as i don't want gruden to come, i don't want another DC turning into a HC. i've grown so weary of that it isn't funny. we need to go aggressive. we need to go offensive.

love the article, tho. "the biggest sleeping giant of the last 20 years". love it.

once this team figures out how to win, it's not going to stop.

And I agree with the article. When I look at this team I feel like we have all the parts to be a Lamborghini but for some reason when we put it together we get a Volkswagen Beetle.

I like the agressive part razor but id love a rough defense and an old school run game. bring double trouble back to life

old school is a nice idea, but i don't know how competitive it can be long term. the team has to be able to put a ton of points on the board and do it quickly and often.

i like splitting up the running game the way we do. it bothers me that we have so much money tied up in RBs, but it doesn't bother me that we haven't had a 100 yard rusher in a while. i don't care who gets the rushing yards or TDs as long as they are there.

i do want a nasty D. i want the aggressive offense and defense that rivera promised.

Archived