• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

windows 8 phones

nickzz

I have the Lumia 920. It's awesome. They are selling very well too with many places being sold out. It was ATT's third best selling phone last month only being beaten by the iPhone and SIII. If Nokia and MS can keep up the momentum, they'll carve out a profitable chunk of the smartphone market. I don't need a ton of apps on my phone, I only use it for surfing the internet, texting, and taking pictures, so the camera was huge for me. The camera on the Lumia 920 is far superior than any other smartphone on the market, especially in low light conditions. Only downside IMO is that the phone is a bit heavy.

Just curious... why would you want a Windows phone over one with an Android OS?

Because android is notorious for locking up and having terrible battery life?

It's a fragmented operating system, which can cause a lot of problems with apps across different phones.

Of the three smart phone platforms, and I've used them all extensively, android is the worst one I've used.

Because android is notorious for locking up and having terrible battery life?

It's a fragmented operating system, which can cause a lot of problems with apps across different phones.

Of the three smart phone platforms, and I've used them all extensively, android is the worst one I've used.

lol

The friends I went to KC with are Microsoft guys and one of them had a Windows 8 phone and a Surface. He took 20 minutes to show me how they worked with the MS cloud service and I came away extremely impressed.

I don't know what type of phone it was but I'd imagine I'd want a faster newer version to handle all the cool stuff if can do in style.

I have a blackberry because my company pays for it, but I hear thats going away soon - if so I will have some thinking to do, my wife has an iPhone so it would be nice to have the same thing, but that Windows phone is really freaking great.

I like iOS but I also like things like an SD card, nonproprietary charging cables and qwerty keypads. I'm used to it now, but learning to text on a touchscreen was very bothersome.

I've never used a windows phone, but I don't like clutter. To me, windows 8 and windows phones look like complete clutter.

Archived