• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Toe Shoes

Darth Biscuit

Toe Shoes  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Where is an appropriate place to wear toe shoes?

• Gym
    • Pool
    • Beach
    • Home
    • Running
    • Anywhere
    • Nowhere
    • Pie

what if the person wearing them is there to run around the track or on the treadmill..not just sit there liking a goon

That would be the only place I'd run in them. And I wouldn't.

I see guys wearing them running outside sometimes. What if you stepped on a rock? Ouch.

I wear mine outside...they have rubber soles on them..they're just thin...dang, didn't realize you had a vagina

You wear them on trails? Didn't think so!!

vaginasand.jpg

I've run on the greenway in them... and it was fine...it didn't hurt..you're not actually barefoot

Those trails are nice. Some of the ones I run are more gravel. It would hurt.

They are good for weight training legs. Makes it easier to keep weight off your toes when doing squats, deadlifts, etc... They also helped me with the tendonitis I had in my achilles. They took a long time to get used to running in. I had to change my stride quite a bit. (Also, I don't have the "toe" shoe, I have the New Balance Minimus version with the same sole, but without the toe things.)

I have a pair of Keen Newports...but I'd be too afraid to catch a corner and damage a toe to wear during serious hiking. (already had surgery on one toe due to being stupid). I've seen people wear them in the mountains where they get wet a lot and they hug the feet. I'm sure they'd work fine in the sand too, but I see less areas for sand to escape in those versus a good set of Keens.

Honestly...I really don't see much advantage other than some white water rafting stuff.

I'm just careful with my toes. You fark those up...you fark them up for long time and break a hip. You know what happens when you break a hip.

They are good for weight training legs. Makes it easier to keep weight off your toes when doing squats, deadlifts, etc... They also helped me with the tendonitis I had in my achilles. They took a long time to get used to running in. I had to change my stride quite a bit. (Also, I don't have the "toe" shoe, I have the New Balance Minimus version with the same sole, but without the toe things.)

I love running in them..but it does take getting used to...

Archived