• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Flight

Dpantherman

He's done some really good stuff... but not without a few cheeseball roles/storylines thrown in- Pelham 123, Book of Eli, Unstoppable, The Preacher's Wife...

But he's done some very underrated stuff as well. Antwone Fisher was very good and an early role with Morgan Freeman in Glory (one of my favorite movies ever).

I think we can get most popular or box office earnings mixed up with best actor.

Some guys have won an Oscar in years when others were far more deserving. Doesn't mean the losing actor is not as good.

I like guys who are very nuanced or make you forget who they are.

Tough to say who the best is.

So is Flight really good? I know a couple people that saw it and said it was just ok. I really liked the premise of the movie and wanted to go see it but haven't yet.

Depends really, I've read some people say they found it hypocritical or preachy. I really enjoyed it. Denzel's character was pretty complex and really a joy to watch.

I think we can get most popular or box office earnings mixed up with best actor.

Some guys have won an Oscar in years when others were far more deserving. Doesn't mean the losing actor is not as good.

I like guys who are very nuanced or make you forget who they are.

Tough to say who the best is.

Agree 100%

So is Flight really good? I know a couple people that saw it and said it was just ok. I really liked the premise of the movie and wanted to go see it but haven't yet.

I read a Michael Crichton book a decade ago called Airframe. The movie Flight seems a lot like that book. The book was awful which is why I will probably wait to see the movie. Stupid I know.

Archived