• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

3 plays from the playoffs.

Udogg

Just looking at the standings,

If we were successful on these 3 plays we would be in the playoffs right now:

1. The throw at the feet of the wide open Harstock in the Seattle game.

2. The Hail Mary by Matt Ryan in the first Atlanta Game

3. The last minute touchdown in the Bucs game (or the 2 point conversion).

TBH looking any two would have been enough for playoff contention. .....

Merry Christmas???????

Yep, it blows, but Rivera isn't a bad coach by any means; as a team we just struggled to make plays down the stretch. Whether that be to coaches play calls or player execution, this team and even this coaching staff is better than the record indicates.

By the way Rivera's winning percentage isn't the worst in the NFL for all those that b*tch about him.

Note: Seven of our nine losses were by a touchdown or less...

Yep, it blows, but Rivera isn't a bad coach by any means; as a team we just struggled to make plays down the stretch. Whether that be to coaches play calls or player execution, this team and even this coaching staff is better than the record indicates.

By the way Rivera's winning percentage isn't the worst in the NFL for all those that b*tch about him.

Note: Seven of our nine losses were by a touchdown or less...

You're doing it wrong. It's Rivera's fault.

/sarcasm.

Please don't use this as a reason we should be happy with him. Hopefully, our goal is to be close to the best winning % in the NFL, not to be satisfied with not being the worst.

If we keep him, I like the idea put forth by one poster (believe it was Nanuq); bring in an offensive consultant with prior HC experience. If he struggles out of the gate, we have our interim ready to take over.

I like the offensive consultant. Ron has failed us when get gets scared and plays not to lose. I feel like we kinda screwed either way right now with RR. If I am being impartial 2 years for a new HC new OC and rookie quarter back isn't really enough. Look at Kubiak, or Carrol, or even Marvin Lewis. All took more than a few years to get their teams together and on the right track. Yes Seatlle made the playoffs with carrol but at 7-9 that doesn't count for me.

RR might be ready to take a leap along with our team. On the other hand I'm terrified of starting out 1-4 while stoic Ron watches helplessly next year

I would change two of those three plays slightly.

1. Third and one against atl. Cam fumbles. First down equals game over.

2. Pick six against chicago. Even a three and out and a punt we win that game. It happened with less then five minutes left and us up two possessions.

3. Cams dirt ball against seattle

And Ill go 4. Cam's failure to pick up a first down against the bucs and end the game with kneel downs.

That puts us 10-5 & already in the playoffs.

All those plays are directly qb fail related.

This is not a bash Cam post, he is still learning and growing. Most realists said year three would be the jump. If we dump Rivera I think that gets pushed to year five or six. If we truly think we have the talent to win now we need to keep RR.

Archived