• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Players who you think will bust at the next level.

SCMunnerlyn1

I like this thread. And, as a Gamecock fan, I have to agree with you. When Clowny on the other side didn't turn him into a beast, nothing will.

I can tell you that I am watching a few you tube clips on certain players we might be interested in. Kawann Short, DT from Purdue, falls into that category. Sheldon Richardson from Missouri is another player like that. He is a head case.

Nearly all of the top rated QBs will bust. Geno Smith, Matt Barkclay, Logan Thomas, and Landry Jones--Busts. If I HAD to take a qb ths year, like Buffalo, Arizona, or KC, I would trade down and grab one of these three: Tyler Wilson, Tyler Bray, or Mike Glennon.

Robert Lester (S, Alabama) will not be a great pro like people think. He is too slow and not smart enough to compensate.

i dont think Richardson will be a bust, the talent and motor are their.this guy is know for making plays down field like chasing down WRs, and is very disruptive.gave Bama OL fits the entire game, even when they were getting blown out. Short is also a decent 3 tech guy who Ryan Kerrigan a couple of years back credited his sacks to because the pocket was pushed,and the QB could not step up.

Nearly all of the top rated QBs will bust. Geno Smith, Matt Barkclay, Logan Thomas, and Landry Jones--Busts. If I HAD to take a qb ths year, like Buffalo, Arizona, or KC, I would trade down and grab one of these three: Tyler Wilson, Tyler Bray, or Mike Glennon.

Disagree on Geno, he'll have some rough patches, but he's way too smart and accurate.

Landry Jones can probably play decent if he gets a good team around him.

Disagree on Geno, he'll have some rough patches, but he's way too smart and accurate.

Landry Jones can probably play decent if he gets a good team around him.

So hard to estimate QBs and I don't know why.

If I was a team like Buffalo, I would draft protection in the first (LT) and take a guy like Jones, whose stock is beaten up but he has the skill set, in the second--I agree with you there.

About Geno. You could be right, but I think he was figured out by midseason. He also played in a conference that does not believe in defense.

Still, to establish my credibility as a QB evaluator, I will share a few confessions:

• WFNZ's Pacman and I knew each other a bit. He helped me with a charity. So we had this bet a few years ago: Who would be the better professional QB a few years back. He took Jamarcus Russell, I took Brady Quinn. (Actually, when I confronted him about the bet last year, he refused to pay, insisting that we both lost. I could not argue).
  • I thought we got a steal in Jimmy Clausen.
  • I did not want Cam Newton.

I really think Tyler Wilson, Bray, and Glennon will rise to become first rounders. They make the throws. Geno is what the NFL is looking for in a qb, mobility, arm strength, and accuracy. Had he been great all season, like RGIII, Cam, or Luck, I would feel better about him.

Landry Jones will be the steal of the draft-- If the right team drafts him, as you say,

I pretty much agree with all your picks, MHS. Geno is the only one I'm on the fence about. He might be good, maybe not right away, but he could turn out good.

I have a hunch that people will force Geno into the Andrew Luck, Cam Newton, RGIII mold and have the same expectations for him. He is not on that level.

If he has protection and some good WRs--and a patient offensive coordinator, he will be fine. I think QBs do not bust as much as they are put in situations and systems that do not support them or their strengths.

-----------------------------------

So hard to estimate QBs and I don't know why.

If I was a team like Buffalo, I would draft protection in the first (LT) and take a guy like Jones, whose stock is beaten up but he has the skill set, in the second--I agree with you there.

About Geno. You could be right, but I think he was figured out by midseason. He also played in a conference that does not believe in defense.

Still, to establish my credibility as a QB evaluator, I will share a few confessions:

• WFNZ's Pacman and I knew each other a bit. He helped me with a charity. So we had this bet a few years ago: Who would be the better professional QB a few years back. He took Jamarcus Russell, I took Brady Quinn. (Actually, when I confronted him about the bet last year, he refused to pay, insisting that we both lost. I could not argue).
  • I thought we got a steal in Jimmy Clausen.
  • I did not want Cam Newton.

I really think Tyler Wilson, Bray, and Glennon will rise to become first rounders. They make the throws. Geno is what the NFL is looking for in a qb, mobility, arm strength, and accuracy. Had he been great all season, like RGIII, Cam, or Luck, I would feel better about him.

Landry Jones will be the steal of the draft-- If the right team drafts him, as you say,

I really believe Landry is the best QB in this draft. He's like a Kirk Cousins who you know is going to be good but teams will still pass up on him bc his ceiling isn't high or doesn't have that incredible athletic ability. Cousins and Jones are NFL QBs. Whoever take Jones will be very happy.

Yeah, i don't think he has a celling like Cam, Luck, or RGIII, hell even Russel Wilson, but he's a good QB who should be taken in the first round, and can be a franchise QB, but not elite. Like Flacco.

Archived