• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Coaching / GM News

Mr. Scot

Bears have asked permission to speak to Cowboys ST Coach Joe DeCamillis for their head coach opening. You might recall him as the guy who was hurt in that roof collapse at the Cowboy facilities a few years back.

DeCamillis and GM Phil Emery reportedly worked together some years ago in Atlanta.

Typical Panthers moves:

1. Brandon Beane retained as GM

2. Ron Rivera fired in about a week after legitimate HC (that some people would love over RR) like Ken Whisenhunt and Lovie Smith are gone.

3. Panthers hire some OC/DC that we've never heard of out of the blue.

Bears have asked permission to speak to Cowboys ST Coach Joe DeCamillis for their head coach opening. You might recall him as the guy who was hurt in that roof collapse at the Cowboy facilities a few years back.

DeCamillis and GM Phil Emery reportedly worked together some years ago in Atlanta.

Wouldn't be surprised if that's the direction that Emery goes in. I think it would piss a ton of Bears fans off though.

Typical Panthers moves:

1. Brandon Beane retained as GM

2. Ron Rivera fired in about a week after legitimate HC (that some people would love over RR) like Ken Whisenhunt and Lovie Smith are gone.

3. Panthers hire some OC/DC that we've never heard of out of the blue.

Hiring Ernie Accorsi was definitely not a "typical Panthers move".

That's one of the reasons why I'm encouraged that change may be on the horizon.

Wouldn't be surprised if that's the direction that Emery goes in. I think it would piss a ton of Bears fans off though.

My big question there: If DeCamillis gets the head coaching job, what does he do with Dave Toub?

The smart thing would be to retain him, but I'd much rather see him set free so that maybe we could get him.

There were rumblings that Rivera wanted to try and get Toub before but couldn't get permission from the Bears since it would have been a lateral move.

Multiple sources now reporting Cards "very close" to a deal with Andy Reid.

He'd be reunited with Kevin Kolb if that's the case.

Wouldn't be a huge surprise if Michael Vick came available too :lol:

I knew it wouldn't be that hard for him to get a job. I'm really surprise Andy Reid passed on San Diego. At least he would have had a QB in Phillip Rivers.

Hiring Ernie Accorsi was definitely not a "typical Panthers move".

That's one of the reasons why I'm encouraged that change may be on the horizon.

I agree and I was impressed by the move also. Hiring Accorsi is not a typical Panther move.

However, Mr. Richardson keeping someone that will do what he says to is.

A few weeks ago you were politely shooting down everything I said about Beane. I recall you saying that "Beane will not be the GM" and you were certain that "Beane wouldn't even get an interview."

Not so sure now! Beane won't get an interview because he already has the job.

Like I said I'm not splitting hairs here w/ you and I truly hope I'm wrong about this.

I agree and I was impressed by the move also. Hiring Accorsi is not a typical Panther move.

However, Mr. Richardson keeping someone that will do what he says to is.

A few weeks ago you were politely shooting down everything I said about Beane. I recall you saying that "Beane will not be the GM" and you were certain that "Beane wouldn't even get an interview."

Not so sure now! Beane won't get an interview because he already has the job.

Like I said I'm not splitting hairs here w/ you and I truly hope I'm wrong about this.

Actually, I'm still just as confident that it won't be Beane.

If that were the case, why would we even bother interviewing Ross and Gettleman?

My big question there: If DeCamillis gets the head coaching job, what does he do with Dave Toub?

The smart thing would be to retain him, but I'd much rather see him set free so that maybe we could get him.

There were rumblings that Rivera wanted to try and get Toub before but couldn't get permission from the Bears since it would have been a lateral move.

I'd expect he'd stay on with the Bears.

Archived