• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Double File Restarts are a Go

outlaw4

From Jayski:

NASCAR Announces “Double-File Restarts – Shootout Style”: NASCAR announced a change to its race format with the addition of “Double-File Restarts – Shootout Style” throughout each race. Beginning with this weekend at Pocono Raceway, the first- and second-place drivers will line up side-by-side as the green flag flies for each restart. “We’ve heard the fans loud and clear: ‘double-file restarts – shootout style’ are coming to the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series,” said NASCAR Chairman and CEO Brian France. “This addition to the race format is good for competition and good for the fans.”
More:

http://jayski.com/cupnews.htm#news-double

more cautions likely outcome of this.

why's that? they were already restarting double file with any lapped cars on the inside. all they did was move the lapped cars behind the lead lap cars.

looks like they are trying to fix the tail end of the lead lap deal, too.

more ratings likely outcome of this.
Fixed :lol:

The only thing that irks me is that this is a change made during the middle of a season. Granted, I can't say I don't like the idea but it's a major change that will materially affect race strategy. Now, with a late race caution, diving onto pit road to change tires is a much more viable strategy.

Looks like we will be sitting through a lot more caution laps as the lapped down cars get waved by the pace car and have to go all the way around the track and catch up the back of the field,.

The lead lap cars get to pit before the lapped cars, already. I dont think it will be that much different.

Archived