• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Getting Cam a QB coach worth a damn

Awesomeness!!

Cams footwork is god awful, and while his accuracy improved towards the end of the year, it could use some help. Cams footwork imo is the only thing that would keep him from becoming elite. He needs to move around in the pocket.better. A good QB coach, moreso than HC or GM may get us over the top.

Cams footwork is god awful, and while his accuracy improved towards the end of the year, it could use some help. Cams footwork imo is the only thing that would keep him from becoming elite. He needs to move around in the pocket.better. A good QB coach, moreso than HC or GM may get us over the top.

I think he just needs better guard play.

Big Ben, Eli....lots of good QBs have pooty footwork.

Cam is rewriting record books. People think he should play like Brady 8 years into his career or something. Rivera and Shula seem to be good fits for Cam IMO. I think they know how to handle his development (more than the technical aspect of throwing)

If we fix the offensive line his footwork will be fine with continual coaching. he was doing much better in the preseason but once injuries started left and right it devolved as the rush started to stick with him. He mitigated some over the latter half of the season but I think the early pounding stuck with him.

This.

I forget which game it was down the stretch, but it was a game in which he had a clean pocket almost the whole game. I remembered thinking how much better his mechanics suddenly were when he wasn't running for his life.

As to the OP wanting Cam to get to the next level, I'd say starting his passing career better than any QB in history (from a yardage standpoint) would indicate he is right on track.

Big Ben, Eli....lots of good QBs have pooty footwork.

Cam is rewriting record books. People think he should play like Brady 8 years into his career or something. Rivera and Shula seem to be good fits for Cam IMO. I think they know how to handle his development (more than the technical aspect of throwing)

cam made some bad decisions, no doubt, but that OL and having passing plays that took forever to develop caused him to operate in some crazy situations that one doesn't automatically think about footwork...it's just "oh crap i gotta run!".

better protection and getting the ball out quicker will help more than correct footwork.

i want cam to be more productive. i don't think for everyone that the solution is getting more technically proficient. you make him think about his footwork and other areas will suffer.

i want cam to be more productive. i don't think for everyone that the solution is getting more technically proficient. you make him think about his footwork and other areas will suffer.

This is a very important point. I remember watching Cam in pre-season and early this season, and thinking he was playing "tight", probably due to thinking too much about the offseason coaching points.

Archived