• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chud to interview with the Browns?

BountyHunter

Funny how everyone was so scared he was leaving last year and this year people want to see him gone. He really is no different this year than last except that now he might be a little wiser.

I don't get it either...last year he was a God around here and the offense really seemes to start clicking towards the end of this year no?

I was listening to Mark Schlereth referencing the Carolina offense today and it made some sense. He was saying that in the beginning of the year their goal was to run an offense that protected their franchise QB (Cam) a bit more while hopefully putting up points. When they found out that wasn't going to work they opened it up and the results came around but it was too little too late. I don't know if he was just speculating or if there is actual truth behind it.

I am just some schlub that lays on the couch with my girlfriend on Sundays and watches the Panthers game while nursing Saturday nights hangover but maybe one of you game tape nerds that watches over and over again can elaborate a bit more. Did the offense change as the season went on? Maybe it wasn't all on Chud...maybe he was doing what he was told to do in the beginning of the year? Or maybe I should just post in the Lounge and stay out of Panther football discussions? These questions need answers.

Does this mean we will need a new backup QB? Chud & DA are a "proven" good combination.. And what will happen to the Jimmyz?

Im not sold on the idea of Norv. Should he become OC, the should Rivera lose his job next season, I DO NOT want Norv to be considered for the HC position.. I realize that is a lot of 'what if', but I am scared to even consider the possibility...

I don't get it either...last year he was a God around here and the offense really seemes to start clicking towards the end of this year no?

I was listening to Mark Schlereth referencing the Carolina offense today and it made some sense. He was saying that in the beginning of the year their goal was to run an offense that protected their franchise QB (Cam) a bit more while hopefully putting up points. When they found out that wasn't going to work they opened it up and the results came around but it was too little too late. I don't know if he was just speculating or if there is actual truth behind it.

I am just some schlub that lays on the couch with my girlfriend on Sundays and watches the Panthers game while nursing Saturday nights hangover but maybe one of you game tape nerds that watches over and over again can elaborate a bit more. Did the offense change as the season went on? Maybe it wasn't all on Chud...maybe he was doing what he was told to do in the beginning of the year? Or maybe I just just post in the Lounge and stay out of Panther football discussions? These questions need answers.

As the year went on, they gradually moved away from the read-option and ran more plays with Newton under center. It was indeed more effective.

Does this mean we will need a new backup QB? Chud & DA are a "proven" good combination.. And what will happen to the Jimmyz?

Don't think he'd take Clausen (Jimmy belongs on a WCO team).

Anderson's an interesting question though. I forget if he's a free agent.

Also gotta wonder if he'd want to trade for one of our runningbacks.

Don't think he'd take Clausen (Jimmy belongs on a WCO team).

Anderson's an interesting question though. I forget if he's a free agent.

Also gotta wonder if he'd want to trade for one of our runningbacks.

The Clausen remark was completely facetious..

I did wonder about the DA bit though...

They can have A.Smith for a 3rd....

As the year went on, they gradually moved away from the read-option and ran more plays with Newton under center. It was indeed more effective.

So why the 99% hate on Chud now when a exactly a year ago these same people were willing to give up their first born in order to keep him here in Carolina?

I know the NFL is a "what have you done for me lately" type thing, but lately he was really turning things around right? He took a lot of heat early on when people were getting sick of the same old thing and rightfully so, but maybe that wasn't all on him.

Next year at this time this place will be filled with "Hey guys...Sign my petition to help keep Chud in Carolina" threads.

So why the 99% hate on Chud now when a exactly a year ago these same people were willing to give up their first born in order to keep him here in Carolina?

I know the NFL is a "what have you done for me lately" type thing, but lately he was really turning things around right? He took a lot of heat early on when people were getting sick of the same old thing and rightfully so, but maybe that wasn't all on him.

Next year at this time this place will be filled with "Hey guys...Sign my petition to help keep Chud in Carolina" threads.

Because when we lose, people have to blame somebody. Whether or not that blame actually falls on the right people is inconsequential.

Mind you, I think moving to more read option based looks was an error, but I'm not in the crowd that wants to burn Chudzinski at the stake.

Here's why...starting with game 1 this year, Chud rolled out an offense very much different from what we ran the year prior. Far fewer 2 TE sets, a greater reliance on the read option, and almost no commitment to the running game. The result was a disaster. Now all of that is fine if you make the necessary changes in week 3 or 4, but that isn't what happened. Chud stuck to the same game plan until Hurney got fired and presumably was given orders by Rivera/JR to make the necessary changes. Suddenly, our offense began to click because we had a greater commitment to the run, we gave Newton more protection and used more 2 TE sets again, and ran more under center plays.

We feel that Chud's stubborn resistance to change something that clearly wasn't working is what cost us the playoffs. Had we started the year with much the same game plan as last year or made the necessary adjustments in a timely manner, most of us feel the results would have been far different. So we blame Chud, and by extension, Rivera (for not reeling Chud in sooner).

Next year at this time this place will be filled with "Hey guys...Sign my petition to help keep Chud in Carolina" threads.y

exactly, another thing I can't quit figure out either is not only why the hate but considering the defense is the biggest reason we didnt make the playoffs and the offense was the reason we were in the hunt, why are they so mad at Chud and not McDermont?

If we look at it from a simply why we didn't make the playoffs point of view.

I know the offense didn't play as well as last season but there were many threads stating as much as why it wouldn't be before this season ever began

Here's why...starting with game 1 this year, Chud rolled out an offense very much different from what we ran the year prior. Far fewer 2 TE sets, a greater reliance on the read option, and almost no commitment to the running game. The result was a disaster. Now all of that is fine if you make the necessary changes in week 3 or 4, but that isn't what happened. Chud stuck to the same game plan until Hurney got fired and presumably was given orders by Rivera/JR to make the necessary changes. Suddenly, our offense began to click because we had a greater commitment to the run, we gave Newton more protection and used more 2 TE sets again, and ran more under center plays.

We feel that Chud's stubborn resistance to change something that clearly wasn't working is what cost us the playoffs. Had we started the year with much the same game plan as last year or made the necessary adjustments in a timely manner, most of us feel the results would have been far different. So we blame Chud, and by extension, Rivera (for not reeling Chud in sooner).

Totally understandable and very well stated, but how do you know he wasn't told to "stick with it" and find a way to make it work until the powers that be realized it wasn't going to work and gave him the ok to move on from it. I am not saying that was the case and your scenario is more plausible but the other is certainly possible.

Whatever the reason was, whether it was his stubborness to change and admit it was not working or something else, changes were made and it started working just as it did last year. I can totally understand why some people dislike Chud for contributing to such a bad start but when 95% + of the people on here are praying that he leaves, I find that baffling. I think Chud leaving would be a step backward to the progress they were making.

Archived