• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A.I to the 'Cats?

joemac

AI can do about 3-4 more years. Having someone of his talent level will instantly legitimize our roster and playoff chances. AI at 80% is better than most of his counterparts. Having him and Gerald Wallace on the floor along with our other recent pickups would be electric and would be trouble for defenses.

We still need an answer to Dwight Howard if we are to get anywhere in our division. We play the Lakers and the Celtics well so we're just a step or draft pick away IMO.

This is a huge year for the Bobcats. No playoffs and this entire franchise is in serious trouble.

Maybe the whole reason is to sell at least 3k more a game and maybe AI is worth that much I don't know.

Bringing him in to sell tickets is the wrong move. Its not gonna work here. And this past playoffs should show us that small shooting guards rarely get you over the top. The Bobcats dont need to do any more moves to sell tickets. They've gone 5 years without much local support so I dont see how another 1 is gonna kill the franchise. The reality is, the Bobcats are just 1 of many NBA franchises with financial problems right now.

As close as we were to getting into the postseason this year, Iverson would put us over the top. At some point you have to stop collecting young players and start bringing in some veterans to round out the group. Bringing in one of the best scorers of all time is never a bad call.

Iverson, Diaw, Wallace, Okafor, Bell, Radmanovich, Augustine, etc. That is a group of guys that i'd go to battle with any day of the week.

Again, I said this once and I'll say it again... Larry Brown is a LIVING LEGEND and when Brown talks, step back, and listen.

Larry likes A.I. Aside from A.I.'s rant about "practice", only Larry and A.I. know the truth about what went down and obviously Larry holds no beef these days.

Bottom line is... we need to score & rebound better. Iverson doesn't fill the rebounding need, but he does help with scoring. PLUS Allen is a leader and true winner... I think him and Wallace would work well together and it might spark a fire under Okafor.

Bobcats coach Larry Brown said recently that unrestricted free agent Allen Iverson "has a big chip on his shoulder. . .He's got a trainer and is taking care of himself."

A.I. burned his fantasy owners last season, posting sub-par numbers in Detroit while struggling with a back injury and an unfamiliar (and unwelcome) role off the bench.

Source: Charlotte Observer

If this is true than what whatever team signs AI is going to be scary. Seriously, Iverson with AN EVEN BIGGER chip on his shoulder, AND HE IS ACTUALLY PRACTICING?!? look out.

I don't know if AI would sign with the Cats, he wants a championship. But the Cats do have a good role ready for him, and they are in need of a ball dominating penetrater like Iverson is, not to mention having Larry Brown for a coach.

Guess we'll have to wait and see.

He sure helped the Pistons out, and the Nuggets went straight downhill without him.

No thanks.

I think that is an unfair arguement. Granted the Nuggets did surge once he left, that was more do to the fact they brough int Chauncy and the role he filled. The Nuggets needed a vetern point guard. We all know A.I. is a scorer first. He didnt fit with that team from day one.

As for Detriot, they have been on the decline all year long and that was inevitalbe coming off their recent run.

I would love to have A.I. go to the Bobcats for the next couple years. He is a proven scorer and Larry Brown knows how to use him the best, see Philly tenure.

Sure, he is at the end of his career, but he is going to help score points for this team (which they need bad) and bring more money in for this franchise (which they also need bad).

Will he win a championship in Charlotte? Probably not, but he will help this franchise make the playoffs and put some life in it. All the while, the Bobcats can begin to look for his replacement over the next couple years.

I can't help but believe that a trade is coming on or near draft day. If we unload a couple contracts such a thing could be very possible.

AI could alternate between 1&2 along with Felton and Augustine. That would be a fearsome trio of guards.

I agree Rip, with the rumor's out about us trading for Dal from philly for Nozar and Rad. I think A.I. in Charlotte next season is becoming very likely.

I'm not against it either, I think it helps the team in two major area's. Scoring and Attendance. With the draft pick, it would put us over the top and turn this team from a bubble team to a top 5 east team.

Honestly this would be good for both us and AI. For us it will be what everyone has said but for him it could sort of rejuvenate him and maybe raise his stock a bit to join one of the west power houses..I dont see him being more than a year or two at most (due to the 2010 Free Agent list). It would def put the Bobcats on the right track, attendance and then making the playoffs to also boast our stock to maybe get a big name in Charlotte for 2010.

Personally I don't want him here, even if he does sell more merchandise and tickets. That is not really what we need right now, we need to find a new owner. Grabbing a big time player to add money to the team is not the first priority because, no matter who the owner is, he can not relocate the Charlotte Bobcats until the year 2029-30. That is a clause in Bob Johnson's contract and via NBA.com it will carry on to the next owner. I believe that is one reason we do not have a new owner yet or because MJ is whording all of his money and won't buy the damn team. They need to take care of items in this manner, Draft good players, Resign Raymond Felton, Cartier Martin, Sean Singletary, and Juwan Howard. Release Sean May, Trade for Samuel Dalembert, Find a new owner, Sign two well-known veteran free agents that can bring game experience and talent to the team (such as Raja Bell and Boris Diaw did in that trade last year) and not just sit the pine (Radman), however sign them to a lengthy contract. We would be able to do that because the big contract Nazr Mohammed has would be gone along with Radman's contract in the trade for Samuel Dalembert. This would leave one-two roster spots open for a free agent, depending if the Bobcats would give the Sixers one of our two second round draft picks. If not then sign one free agent, if they do give them a draft pick sign two. Good Free Agents to look at or possibly sign are...

In no particular order...

Ronald Murray (SG, Atlanta Hawks)

Anthony Parker (SG, Toronto Raptors)

Matt Barnes (SF, Phoenix Suns)

Hedo Turkoglu (SF, Orlando Magic)

Ben Gordon (SG, Chicago Bulls)

It all depends on how much extra cash the Bobcats will have.

Archived