• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes trade Stewart to Kings for Westgarth...

KillerKat

Oh he will play, will probably be a 20 point guy for you guys because you have good 4th line depth. Our 4th line consisted of a sniper in Tim Brent and a grinder in Andreas Nodl so Stewart didn't really fit in. For as big as he is he doesn't throw his body around very much. If he can revert to his Atlanta Thrashers days he will be a good pick-up for you guys. Oh and thanks for stealing our 4th and 6th round draft picks.

However, I have heard that the trade was essentially picks for Westgarth because the Kings plan on releasing A-Stew.

Meaning Canes traded a pick to L.A. for taking Stewart off of the Canes hands and a pick for Westarth since he can be our enforcer that we desperately need.

I'm excited about the Canes this season. I like that they're being proactive and getting some goons that can protect our pretty scorers. In addition I found out that Westgarth is the son in law of Bill Cowher and lives in Raleigh already. Not only that he's been practicing with the team during informal skating during the lockout so there is already a degree of trust and chemistry developed. The players must have had some good reviews of him.

Archived