• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New Bungie game: Destiny

Doc Holiday

Hey folks!  If you're still a fan, you might have heard that Bungie finally is starting to release some details on House of Wolves. 

A quick summary from me:

May 19th is the day!

Prison of Elders / Arena is going to be a new endgame PVE event.  It's only three people as opposed to six, and a lot of folks are thinking like a firefight/horde mode style of play.  I'm excited for something like that!

Trials of Osiris is coming as well!  The gear looks absolutely amazing.

No raid - they are going to release it later this year...only 8 months to go??  I think it will be out over the summer before the Comet release personally.

Upgrade your legendaries (or just fatebringer?) - They showed a fatebringer going from 300 attack to 365 attack...hrm...Might be time to farm some VoG HM before May 19th...

The Reef as a social space!  Finally, a new place for the robots to sweep!

You can read up on all the official particulars from Bungie.net.

The response on the b.net forums is pretty hilarious.  People losing their poo left and right considering the details are pretty vague as best.  For me, I think Bungie does listen to the player feedback and monitors the player data very attentively.  HoW will be better than TDB, though maybe not much.  It will at least be progress.  Despite all the internet-tears (200/200 in a 12 second span there), folks are going to forget about the raid being delayed because they are going to be too busy in Arena while they upgrade their older legendary gear.

Looking forward to it!  Though I need to make some more time for Crota and get my last few shard for 32...  Alas time!

• 2 weeks later...

I'll add you when I next get on Kurb!

So Wednesday was the first info dump from Bungie officially on House of Wolves which included a twitch stream.

I think I'm most excited about the Speaker swapping shards, energy and motes!  I have so many shards and so few acsendant energies.  I have a bunch of rad energies but I need the shards for 32!

Anyone up for a Saturday evening CE raid?  Maybe if we do it quick, we can do a VoG for those who never got/dismantled/missed out on that stuff lol...

So Wednesday was the first info dump from Bungie officially on House of Wolves which included a twitch stream.

I think I'm most excited about the Speaker swapping shards, energy and motes!  I have so many shards and so few acsendant energies.  I have a bunch of rad energies but I need the shards for 32!

Anyone up for a Saturday evening CE raid?  Maybe if we do it quick, we can do a VoG for those who never got/dismantled/missed out on that stuff lol...

I would be game.  Add me  tag is compton535

I usually have 2-3 others that want to raid anytime.  Would be nice to get a huddle group going for once though.

Very possible.

It would need to be after 8-9 for me.

Also I have not raided in awhile, so /noob

Very possible.

I don't usually start til 8 or 9. During the week I do some bounties and patrols.  Friday or Sat is when I try to do some raids.  I could do this Friday but not Saturday for the raids.  My wife's social life gets in the way at times...

Very possible.

I have a secret (ok, not really), but I've actually never done VoG at all!  I've watched it done probably 100 times though...sad I know.

That being said, I'd be happy to run things with folks.  I'll be on after 9 (maybe closer to 10) Saturday night.  I'd love to see if I can get a CE Normal in as well (shards baby shards!)

I played with a guy from here a while ago (xmexicanx1 is is XBL tag not remembering forum name sadly) and it was fun. I'd love to run with more huddle folks =)

I have a secret (ok, not really), but I've actually never done VoG at all!  I've watched it done probably 100 times though...sad I know.

That being said, I'd be happy to run things with folks.  I'll be on after 9 (maybe closer to 10) Saturday night.  I'd love to see if I can get a CE Normal in as well (shards baby shards!)

I played with a guy from here a while ago (xmexicanx1 is is XBL tag not remembering forum name sadly) and it was fun. I'd love to run with more huddle folks =)

I find VoG harder than Crota...  I seem to get better gear from Crota than VoG.  Both are fun as hell though.  I'll actually be online this evening if you guys want to do a couple strikes.  Just let me know.

From my completely outside perspective, VoG has a lot more specific encounter mechanics than CE.  The most complicated part of CE is the Bridge that every group I've gone in with (via LFG) cheeses.  I'd like to do it legit, but everyone just wants to cheese =(  I just need my shards, and I"d love to do enough HMs to get the Word of Crota for my thorn bounty...

I am looking forward to VoG.  I love the whole oracle thing, the Time's Vengence, among other things.  I'd love to try to run the relic too.  Lord knows I've watched Datto do it a hundred times! 

Personally, CE is fun, but it's because I've only done it like four times.  I can see how very quickly people would get very tired of it.  VoG has so many variables like the Gorgon's Maze and the Jumping Puzzle which can completely derail an attempt due to a mistake by one person.  Needless to say, I look forward to the challenge =)

Hopefully my wife will pass out early on Saturday night so I can be on closer to 9.  On the flip side, I do not want to hold up anyone's raid.  If you and Kurb (or whoever) are good to go, then my feelings won't be hurt if y'all head in and kill stuff.

EDIT:  My xbox GT is dionysusfiend

Archived