• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corvo, McBain, Murphy all on the block?

Stumpy

Via thefourthline.com

Sources have told TFP that Rutherford is looking to acquire a top-four defenseman, though a deal is not imminent.

However, with a surplus of defensemen on the roster, Rutherford could deal others, like Corvo and McBain, for assets that could be used to package for a more potent defenseman.

Oh, word?

The Coyote are shopping Yandle, though a deal may not be completed until the April 3 trade deadline, at the earliest, and Phoenix GM Don Maloney would want a top young talent packaged as part of a deal in return.

Maloney would undoubtedly want Ryan Murphy, the Hurricanes' first-round pick in 2011, as part of a package, however it's unclear what other pieces could be included that the Coyotes would be interested in.

The Hurricanes will not consider moving star forward Jeff Skinner, and that might be where the conversation ends.

How is Skinner even still mentioned in trade fodder? It will not happen, not for anybody.

Been saying this all along.

Murphy, McBain, 2013 First

Faulk - Gleason

Pitkanen - Yandle

Corvo - Harrison

I'd be stoke if this happened, considering we are on course to pick in the mid to late rds for the 2013 entry - and the talent drops off well below what Yandle can do.

I'd punch a baby if we traded Skinner.

Its time for Rutherford and Karmanos to put their money where there mouth is. You say you have the money, you say your willing to do what it takes to get a guy you want.

This one is gonna hurt worse than losing Sutter. But if you make this move, we can win a cup this year.

Our top 2 lineliness are unstoppable. Cam has enough magic left I'm the tank and we finally have a capable back up for him.

Solidify this defense and we can beat any team in the league any given night. Do this and bring a cup back to Raleigh.

Realistically, I think the Canes could get Yandle for Murphy, McBain, LaRose and a 2013 first

By playoff time, the Canes could roll with this lineup.

Tlusty - E. Staal - Semin

Skinner - J. Staal - Ruutu

Bowman - Jokinen - Dwyer

Nodl - Brent - Wallace

Westgarth

Faulk - Gleason

Pitkanen - Yandle

Corvo - Harrison

Sanguinetti

Ward

Ellis

Archived