• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hornets won't happen

Zod

For any Twitter-folk that're interested, I'll be live-tweeting from tonight's Season Ticket Holders' Town Hall Meeting with Deputy Commissioner Adam Silver. No telling what they're going to say, but I'd be willing to be the rebrand issue is a part of the conversation.

I'm @We_Beelieve; should be getting started about 5:45.

For any Twitter-folk that're interested, I'll be live-tweeting from tonight's Season Ticket Holders' Town Hall Meeting with Deputy Commissioner Adam Silver. No telling what they're going to say, but I'd be willing to be the rebrand issue is a part of the conversation.

I'm @We_Beelieve; should be getting started about 5:45.

10 bucks says they completely divert once asked. They aren't going to discuss in public.

Since the NBA already owns the name “Charlotte Hornets,’’ plus the teal-and-purple color scheme the team wore in Charlotte and New Orleans, Silver was asked how quickly a new brand could be implemented. Silver said even with all that working for it, a change from Bobcats to Hornets would take a minimum of 18 months.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/04/15/3984384/possible-bobcats-name-change-at.html#storylink=cpy

Had the chance to chat with a front office guy for the Bobcats. He says all their research shows that getting the hornets name back won't be a profitable long term move.

He says once fans understand that its just the name they get back, not the history, they lose some interest. No Mugsy, Grandmama, Alonzo highlights. No team records. All that stays in Nola. It is still the Bobcats with a new name and a losing record.

Anyways, just a heads up, don't expect the name change.

Wrong.

Archived