• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CJ on the cuts of vets...

Charles Johnson very well may be my favorite player on the Panthers. Constantly a great performer and constantly overlooked. I don't care if the dude is in it for the money (who isnt?) the guy is a badass

Charles Johnson very well may be my favorite player on the Panthers. Constantly a great performer and constantly overlooked. I don't care if the dude is in it for the money (who isnt?) the guy is a badass

I agree. Who doesn't go to their job to earn money? The dudes that say its only about the game are the ones blowing smoke. Get paid.

Well frankly I can't blame him for being about the money, in the end this is a business.

That said, I am a bit disappointed in him.

I'm not sure he should be on Twitter revealing all this about not willing to restructure and what not. I've always wanted him to step to the forefront and take on more of a leadership role. I thought being the highest paid player in the league last year would have helped motivate him to the that. I've got nothing but love for CJ, but as a Carolina Panther I think he can do better than this. Hey I'm just a fan though, what do I know.

Well frankly I can't blame him for being about the money, in the end this is a business.

That said, I am a bit disappointed in him.

I'm not sure he should be on Twitter revealing all this about not willing to restructure and what not. I've always wanted him to step to the forefront and take on more of a leadership role. I thought being the highest paid player in the league last year would have helped motivate him to the that. I've got nothing but love for CJ, but as a Carolina Panther I think he can do better than this. Hey I'm just a fan though, what do I know.

that's just not who he is.

that's not a criticism, btw. that's just an observation. he's good at what he does, one of the best even.

he's a great player. he's not a leader. not every player needs to be or should be. being handed a buttload of money won't change that for him or anyone.

i don't fault him and don't think any less of him for not taking a cut in pay. the same with his lack of stepping up into some big leadership role on the team. it's just not a big deal. there are others. he's a leader in some ways on defense and on the DL, but as a forefront captain ray lewis type...nah.

he's here to do one job...wreak havoc on opposing offenses.

btw, being a leader doesn't mean taking a cut in pay to make the team better. not doing that doesn't make you less of a leader.

CJ seems like one of those dudes that's gonna be bankrupt about 3 years after he's out of the game.

I totally disagree with this comment. I see the total opposite in him.

For 1, he doesn't seem to have a lot of friends/hanger on's in his circle, and he's very influenced by his Mother and GrandMother.

Your totally wrong on that one.

CJ didn't start earning that paycheck until the ATL game, before that everyone was saying he's making too much. He's still making too much., shaving a couple of million from that ridiculous contract hurney gave him wouldn't hurt, it's for the betterment of the team.

I agree with you, but you know it ain't happenin'.

For the record, ridiculous contracts abound everywhere, not just in the NFL. Too many sons o' bitches getting fatter to the detriment of everyone else. /End short rant.

that's just not who he is.

that's not a criticism, btw. that's just an observation. he's good at what he does, one of the best even.

he's a great player. he's not a leader. not every player needs to be or should be. being handed a buttload of money won't change that for him or anyone.

i don't fault him and don't think any less of him for not taking a cut in pay. the same with his lack of stepping up into some big leadership role on the team. it's just not a big deal. there are others. he's a leader in some ways on defense and on the DL, but as a forefront captain ray lewis type...nah.

he's here to do one job...wreak havoc on opposing offenses.

btw, being a leader doesn't mean taking a cut in pay to make the team better. not doing that doesn't make you less of a leader.

First off, I was not insinuating him not taking a paycut made him a bad teammate. Your own assumption.

Secondly. We are a perennial losing team, no debate. We will continue to be if this mindset does not change.

I'm glad we have Luke, I think he will step into a leadership role on defense well in the upcoming years.

Most of the people who complain about Johnson's contract would also be screaming if we let Atlanta scoop him up and he was beating the poo out of Cam for 2 games a year.

He's one of the better 4-3 ends in the game and is paid like it.

Some fans think all our good players are supposed to play for peanuts with a team that has had no success in the last 5 years and try to dissect it down to such things as "well, he earned is money in week 4 but he didnt earn it in week 5" and other types of ways. Not surprised at the responses.

Thank you.

Stupidly abounds.

Archived