• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ted Ginn joins the Panthers on a one-year deal

Cam2Ligit2Quit

Exactly. Ginn came to the wrong team if he expected playing time. If he somehow beats out Pilares, Gettis, and Bryant, then he's earned the third spot but Ginn, as of right now, has stiff competition for #3.

Seriously think it's the other way around for #3. Edwards, Pilares, Gettis and Bryant need to beat out Ginn for #3. Other than the obvious fact that he's accomplished more as an NFL WR than anyone on the team not named Steve Smith, he was a top 10 draft pick for a reason. He can make big plays when given a chance.

Seriously think it's the other way around for #3. Edwards, Pilares, Gettis and Bryant need to beat out Ginn for #3. Other than the obvious fact that he's accomplished more as an NFL WR than anyone on the team not named Steve Smith, he was a top 10 draft pick for a reason. He can make big plays when given a chance.

LaFell has accomplished far more than Ginn has. I like the pick up, but lets be real. Ginn is a return man. And that's not a bad thing. Its easier to score with shorter field position.

Why was Jamarcus Russell, Ryan Leaf, Carlos Rogers, Matt Leinart, Brady Quinn, David Carr, Reggie Williams, Derrick Harvey, Jamel Reynolds, Vernon Gholston or my favorite Ted Ginn comparison Troy Williamson not given the chance to perform? Draft status really doesn't matter anymore after you been in the league 5+ years. 95% of the time you are who everyone thinks you are. I'd give you the first point. Just don't reasonably expect much more out of him than they are already giving, and Lafell is a better receiver.

Gettis is still my favorite to win if healthy. In 2010, he had a reasonably productive season which was as goods as Smiths given the circumstances. 2011 and half of 2012 he wasn't healthy which are the reasons for his non production, not inability to perform. This isn't a Dwayne Jarrett situation where he needs one more year. He has proven himself, he is cheap and if healthy he should reasonably perform enough to get that spot.

No, Ginn leads Lafell in every receiving category. Granted he's played twice as long...

*face palm*

He isn't the better receiver though otherwise why don't we pickup any washed up HOF 50+ receiver because they have better stats than any of our players so that should mean he is better.

No I think Bell will be good. I think he suffered from the instability at RG. We put a solid RG beside him and he will be really good. We must remember he was only in his 2nd year and the revolving door beside him effected his play as well.

I agree that RG had an impact on his run blocking and some pass protection schemes. Bell is not a strong RT in run blocking and he is average at best in pass protection. If we had Delhomme back there, he would have been exposed. Keeping Cam contained has slowed the pass rush in the QB's vision (right side). Many teams opted to keep him in the box instead of an all-out, ears bent back, rush. When he was faced with an all-out rush, as in the Denver game, he was abused by athletic pass rushers. He struggled against Seattle some as well.

I am not sold on Bell. I want a stud RT and a stud RG to get the running game going again. I do not want Cam getting hurt because some undrafted RT was cheap. To me, Bell is good depth, but I want an upgrade there.

I wonder if I am the only person who sees it this way. These are my feelings more than facts. Still....

No, Ginn leads Lafell in every receiving category. Granted he's played twice as long...

Exactly LaFell is further along at the same point in their careers. And a much better WR. As I stated above, I like the pick up and Ginn will have an affect on field position. Which will result in more opportunities to score. Anything else he brings in is gravy on biscuits!

I don't get it, Gettleman is improving this team from the bottom up and people still complain?

Gettlemen was put into a bad postion by your favorite GM from last year, so I'm not really going to complain about FA this year. However to say this team has improve top to bottom is as laughable as you defending Hurney last year.

Gettlemen was put into a bad postion by your favorite GM from last year, so I'm not really going to complain about FA this year. However to say this team has improve top to bottom is as laughable as you defending Hurney last year.

Well if it isn't our local pessimist know it all. Hey tell us more about how Luke Kuechly sucks bro.

Archived