• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ted Ginn joins the Panthers on a one-year deal

Cam2Ligit2Quit

I wanted Ted Ginn last year, so I feel like this signing is way too late. Had we signed him last year, we wouldn't have drafted Joe Adams and simply would have drafted Frank Alexander with our original 4th round pick, meaning we would have had a third round pick this year. So that was just terrible management last year, of course we still had Hurney working his magic.

So, I have mix feeling about signing him now, because of Joe Adams.

more/better competition for the return job. how could that be a bad thing?

low risk/high reward.

i'll play that game all day. that's exactly the type moves the panthers need to make if they want to make an impact early.

Not saying I wouldn't take a chance on him, just pointing it out. He is an RFA tender though.

Well, a good QB makes all the difference in the world and fitting what a team does.

Pair Steve Smith with Clausen and you would be lucky to see 500 yards and 1 TD from Smith.

Pair Syndey Rice with Brett Favre and magically he is a huge playmaker after doing diddly poo prior

Or since...

well when you look at the scrubs we have after smitty i think that it wouldn't be hard to not be in the running for at least the #3 job. i just don't think that ginn is the last pickup we make this offseason. i suspect we'll bring in one or two more that are more likely to nab the #3 job over ginn.

the opportunity will be there for sure, but the competition will be different by training camp.

I can't get over your constant need to poo on Lafell like you do. Scrub Lafell really??

By bringing in Ginn, the Panthers have made it pretty obvious they're not sold on Kealoha Pilares, Joe Adams, or Armanti Edwards.
- Pat Yasinskas

Everyone excluding Joe Adams' status on the bubble may be in for a rude awakening. He is no special than the rest of them, and I have been saying that for awhile.

the lowest and the chargers wouldn't get any compensation. he would cost us $1.3mil to sign, tho.

For a one year deal? I would bite.

I can't get over your constant need to poo on Lafell like you do. Scrub Lafell really??

Well a scrub he is not but he certainly has a ways to go in proving he can be a consistent threat.

Archived