• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lame Duck Situation....

Hotsauce

Honestly Rivera showed some promise after Hurney was fired and the Players knew they had to play. Give Rivera the right players I think he can be successful, how much success I'm not sure.

Rivera and Cam have pretty much been a play away in every game they have ever been in...

In other words, you're speculating, but you agree that he won't be back if he doesn't win. But there's no way he's a lame duck because he has a contract, so he's pretty much guaranteed two years? Is that your position? I think you really wrote that in a hurry, so I don't want to read anything into it.

I guess it gets down to what you think lame duck means, versus what everyone else thinks it means. At any rate, we all agree that he wins next year or he's done. Call that what you will. :)

*edit* Actually, help me out here. How would YOU define lame duck status? And what would you expect from Management regarding player signings and assistant contracts in a lame duck situation? Let's get on the same page.

I said he is the coach until further notice. I said that doesn't make him any more of a lame duck than half the coaches in the league under similar pressure. Does he have to win? Who doesn't??? How many will it take? 7 or 9 or 10? I don't really know. Really isn't that much ambiguity about lame duck and what it means. Here is the dictionary definition: http://www.bing.com/Dictionary/search?q=define+lame+duck&qpvt=lame+duck+definition&FORM=DTPDIA Here is another: http://dictionary.babylon.com/lame%20duck/ Seems to me the definition is consistent and has nothing to do with an NFL coach who is on the hot seat. I guess if you want to make up a definition to suit your needs you can but that hardly gets us on the same page. It simply allows people to make their own definitions to suit their needs at the time. As for what would a team do in a true lame duck situation? They would proceed with what they wanted to do irrespective of the coach and in line with the next hire who is in the wings waiting for his term to begin. Since Rivera hired the people he wanted and still in helping with player acquisitions and building the team he wants, again nothing speaks to a lame duck situation. Why not admit the term doesn't fit instead of trying to do verbal gymnastics to make it fit.

Archived