• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Final Scene in the Movie Killing them Softly

TheRumGone

Ok so I don't know if this should go in the Tinderbox or here, but for those who haven't seen this movie don't look below at the video i'm about to post. If you haven't seen it, definitely check it out. It's from the writer/directer of the Jesse James movie with Brad Pitt, another fantastic movie.  I expect a lot of people haven't seen this movie, but for those that have it would be great to hear your opinion. Tonight was the second time i rented it in the last week.

The parts i'm talking about start around 1:50

It seemed like the entire movie was built up for this final payoff in the last scene.  Pretty controversial, but some of the feelings I've had working for corporations especially.  Anyways, I thought it was a fantastic movie, and a powerful ending to a great movie. Thought provoking to say the least.

Movie was OK, but IMO was a big let down.  I usually like movies like this, but it came as a bit over the top at the end.  Not a terrible movie but won't watch again.

I kind of know what you mean. I was expecting something completely different, but was honestly pleasantly surprised. I don't know how you thought it was over the top at the end though, it was pretty spot on with how Brad Pitt's character was the entire movie. My buddy and I who watched it rewinded the last scene probably five times, then talked about it for a good hour. I think that is what good movies are suppose to do. They start a dialogue.

The movie itself should have been much much better considering the cast.

At one point you've got James Gandolfini rambling on about his ex wife for half an hour. Terrible writing.

I thought that was hilarious. To each his own i guess. Everything fit what the message of the movie was all about.

A lot of people hated the Jesse James movie but I loved it. This movie seems to have gone the same way. People loved it or were disappointed.

I thought that was hilarious. To each his own i guess. Everything fit what the message of the movie was all about.

A lot of people hated the Jesse James movie but I loved it. This movie seems to have gone the same way. People loved it or were disappointed.

The dialogue alone pretty much ruined the film for me. Not to mention the slow motion hit.

I wanted to like the movie, it actually had some good parts but they were overshadowed by the bad for me.

I'm assuming you are referring to the Brad Pitt movie about Jesse James? I'll have to catch that one day.

The dialogue alone pretty much ruined the film for me. Not to mention the slow motion hit.

I wanted to like the movie, it actually had some good parts but they were overshadowed by the bad for me.

I'm assuming you are referring to the Brad Pitt movie about Jesse James? I'll have to catch that one day.

Yea i really liked everything about this movie, so i don't know what to say. You probably will hate the Jesse James movie then. Very slow moving movie with an amazing soundtrack by Nick Cave. Great dialogue that really gets into the mind of Jesse James and Robert Ford. But again, VERY slow movie. It's close to 3 hours long.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for this thread TRG!  I honestly didn't get any feel for what the movie was about from trailers and then I saw this a week or so ago but avoided clicking on the video so I wouldn't spoil it.

I checked it out and to me, the whole movie was worth the final scene.  Could they have done some things differently?  Sure.  But, I liked that the movie was concise, full of action, and then Pitt's monologue at the end was an exclamation point.  And I ABSOLUTELY loved the cinematography and the way it was shot...  From the opening credits to the final scene.  Amazing work.

I plan on buying it...  I think the movie speaks to how many people feel today and I like how they interspersed clips of political speeches and commentary throughout and then brought it all together at the end...  it ran parallel it to Pitt's work in the way it was illustrated.

Archived