• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft Lottery Thread - 8:30 EST on ESPN

Jakob

Hey said this is another thread but gonna re post it here.

My money is on the Kings winning the lottery. The NBA is going to provide them with an asset since the team is staying in Sacramento, also as a way to smooth over owner/city relations. They have a 6.3% if winning according to NBA.com.

Bobcats will likely secure the #2 or #3 pick. 

Also just noticed we don't have a second round selection. WOW. 

Hey said this is another thread but gonna re post it here.

My money is on the Kings winning the lottery. The NBA is going to provide them with an asset since the team is staying in Sacramento, also as a way to smooth over owner/city relations. They have a 6.3% if winning according to NBA.com.

Bobcats will likely secure the #2 or #3 pick. 

Also just noticed we don't have a second round selection. WOW. 

Mullens trade. lol

Also still owe the Bulls a first rounder and the Spurs a 2016 second rounder.

we are due some luck from the basketball gods, but at least we are guaranteed top 5.  

Noel skinny and injured, Ben M a wall flower in the tournament, ...meh...wherever we pick,

we just got to get lucky.

Agree w/ this. Especially the last part. Going to be very hard to convince me it's okay to invest a #1 pick & a ton of cash on a guy who won't be ready for the start of the season. It's amazing to me that Hornets fans are still clamoring about this dude with the type of injury he had a few months ago. 

McLemore has NBA size and skill set but vanished in some big games this year. 

I know Hornets fans don't want to hear this but if we win the #1 pick, it's Trey Burke. Hopefully they will be able to move down and select Anthony Bennett, Shabazz Muhammad, or the guy I believe will be the best player in the draft in a few years Victor Olidipo. 

Mullens trade. lol

Also still owe the Bulls a first rounder and the Spurs a 2016 second rounder.

The Blazers still owe us a 1st rounder right? It seems that they have owed us a first rounder for a while. Isn't it "lottery protected" or something? What the hell man we are never going to see that pick if it keeps staying lottery protected. 

This is THE draft that you would want to have a couple second rounders. 

I say the Hornet's get screwed again and will pick 4th and take Alex Len. Noel, Bennett and Mclemore will be off the board and it will come down to Len or Oladipo.  This is how little faith I have in the NBA lottery. 

Oladipo can do a lot of things very well. I'd be happy with him at #2 overall. Also like Anthony Bennett & Shabazz. 

The Blazers still owe us a 1st rounder right? It seems that they have owed us a first rounder for a while. Isn't it "lottery protected" or something? What the hell man we are never going to see that pick if it keeps staying lottery protected. 

This is THE draft that you would want to have a couple second rounders. 

Yes it is, It's definitely a draft you'd want a few second rounders. Especially with a team with a lack of depth and talent like the Hornets. 

As for the two first rounders owed to Charlotte, 

The Piston's pick is top 14 this year, top 8 next year, top 1 in 2015 and unprotected in 2016. 

The Blazer's pick is top 12 in 2013-2015 and unprotected in 2016. 

The pick the Hornets owe the Bulls is top 12 this year, top 10 next year, top 8 in 2015 and unprotected in 2016.

I think the Blazer's fight for the 8th seed next year and the Bobcat's will get that pick in the 15-16 range. The Piston's with the nucleus they have, should be good enough to get out of the top 8.  I'd say that pick will probably be in the 10-12 range. 

So next year the Bobcat's would have to finish in the Bottom 6 or so to guarantee that they keep the pick owed to the bulls. So probably looking at a top 5 pick, and two picks in the 12-16 range. If both the Blazers and Pistons play up to those levels. 

Yes it is, It's definitely a draft you'd want a few second rounders. Especially with a team with a lack of depth and talent like the Hornets. 

As for the two first rounders owed to Charlotte, 

The Piston's pick is top 14 this year, top 8 next year, top 1 in 2015 and unprotected in 2016. 

The Blazer's pick is top 12 in 2013-2015 and unprotected in 2016. 

The pick the Hornets owe the Bulls is top 12 this year, top 10 next year, top 8 in 2015 and unprotected in 2016.

I think the Blazer's fight for the 8th seed next year and the Bobcat's will get that pick in the 15-16 range. The Piston's with the nucleus they have, should be good enough to get out of the top 8.  I'd say that pick will probably be in the 10-12 range. 

So next year the Bobcat's would have to finish in the Bottom 6 or so to guarantee that they keep the pick owed to the bulls. So probably looking at a top 5 pick, and two picks in the 12-16 range. If both the Blazers and Pistons play up to those levels. 

Okay so if the Blazers end up with #13, the Hornets get that pick right? 

would be a nice little payback from the NBA to the Hornets and a city that's been screwed by them a couple times now. 

I know next year's draft is loaded or whatever, but without us having a #2, we could really use one of those "assets" this year that Cho is always talking about

Okay so if the Blazers end up with #13, the Hornets get that pick right? 

would be a nice little payback from the NBA to the Hornets and a city that's been screwed by them a couple times now. 

I know next year's draft is loaded or whatever, but without us having a #2, we could really use one of those "assets" this year that Cho is always talking about

Yep if they land in that range this year or next. Lets say the Hornets don't get the Blazers pick this year and it's 13th next year, also lets say the Piston's pick 9th.  It's entirely possible that the Hornets end up with three lottery picks next draft if everything falls the right way. Four first rounders if they get the first or second pick and take Parker or Wiggins, because they would definitely be trading away MKG in that instance and would probably get a mid first rounder for him.  I mean seriously, your only other option would be playing him off the bench for 20 minutes a night and that would be silly if you can get a first for him. 

It's entirely possible that the Hornets look like this in 2014

Kemba/FA

Oladipo/Harrison

Wiggins/Taylor

Vonleh/McRoberts

Hammons/Bizmack

Archived