• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Eastern Conference Finals Thread. (1) Miami vs (3) Indiana

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins

• Heat
    • Pacers

I agree that Stern would definitely rather see Miami in the Finals rather than Indy, but if you really think this series has been called in Miami's favor so far you really need to clear up your LeBron/Miami hate bias.

Yeah, there was a big momentum swing after the 24-second shot clock violation but that was the time-keeper's screw up (granted all 3 refs missed it).  I might need a replay of this play, but how about PG's And-1 on LeBron near the end that garnered him his 5th foul?  Looked like a clean contest to me, hell, Hibbert did the same exact thing all night and somehow only managed 1 foul for the entire game.  Then right afterwards we have the offensive foul on LeBron for the screen that gets him tossed from the game.  I'm not arguing that it wasn't an offensive foul, but this poo goes on in games all the time and it doesn't get called, now you suddenly want to call it during crunch time directly after LeBron just sank a big ass 3?  Lol, be consistent at least, let the players play in crunch time if you don't call it at other times.  Don't go all high school referee mode during the final minute or so.  Not to mention during that offensive foul that ended the play, if it wasn't called, Wade had a pretty clean lane to the bucket that would have likely put up 2 more points.

Then Wade's travelling violation, which may or may not have been travelling (I think it was a stepback, but I'm not getting into that), which negates his dish to Battier who finally hits a damn 3.  You see this from players all the time (not just the Heat) and it never gets called.  But hey, let's call it at a crucial time because... well, why not?

Just those three calls alone is a 6-point swing, during crunch time, in Indiana's favor.  Not to mention one of them resulted in getting the best player in the world ejected from the game after he just hit a clutch 3 when his team needed him the most.

I'm neutral to both teams, but it was similar during game 1, yet Miami managed to close that one out.  If anything, I think the Pacers have received more favorable calls this series... they've definitely received the more valuable and benefit of the doubt ones down the stretch.  Look forward to a horribly officiated game 5 in Miami's favor.  I'm guessing they really want this thing to go 7 games.  I honestly think they're just trying to build-up this Miami/Pacers rivalry for potential future series.  Nothing sells better than good rival playoff basketball.

However, with that being said the Pacers deserved to win this one... they just played better basketball.  I swear, it seemed like the most ridiculous shots fell for them.  They also outrebounded the Heat by 19.  Pretty hard to beat that.

And, similar to most of this series, hardly anyone showed up to play aside from LeBron.  Got next to nothing from Wade, Bosh, and the role players.  At least Super Mario Chalmers showed up this game or else it would've been a blowout.  This team really needs to get its poo together, it's obvious this Pacers team is completely focused and in tune.  I haven't seen them play this well all season.

Yeah, I agree 2-2 is where it should be at.  Tired of seeing people say "oh well it should be 3-1 Pacers" though.  It was close, but game 1 was definitely Miami's game.  The missed hack-a-bron layup call, and the highly questionable phantom D-Wade foul with 2 fuging seconds left that led to 3 FTs to put them up by 1... yeah, the Pacers all but had that one handed to them.

Then... LeBron

iwgeTCiWvc0no.gif

Which really, it shouldn't have even had to come to that.  Glad it did though, because it was fuging awesome.

Want to document my prediction for tonight now.

Heat win by 8-10 points with the Pacers in foul trouble right off the bat. Going to predict Hibbert or PGeorge foul out. More questionable calls but drastically in the Heat favor tonight.

Stern needs LBJ in the finals and whoever wins this game is going to win the series.

Want to document my prediction for tonight now.

Heat win by 8-10 points with the Pacers in foul trouble right off the bat. Going to predict Hibbert or PGeorge foul out. More questionable calls but drastically in the Heat favor tonight.

Stern needs LBJ in the finals and whoever wins this game is going to win the series.

If that actually happens (which I think it has a good chance of happening), I'll stop watching the NBA all together. 

If that actually happens (which I think it has a good chance of happening), I'll stop watching the NBA all together. 

You should have quit watching a long time ago if that bothers you....especially when there are games like this in the archive.

I'm a bigger NCAA fan (NCAA is basically organized crime and even worse officiating) but there's no doubt in my mind that NO pro/college league in USA has its hands in the cookie jar more than the NBA. There's an agenda behind it and they try their best to control their product.

But u can't criticize the NBA because people like KT will think that YOU have an agenda against the NBA.

#CallitHowIseeItbro

Do you actually think the officiating has been biased towards Miami in this series?

It's been awful all around, but IMHO I would give the lean to Miami. DWade not being suspended for his Macho Man impersonation tells u everything u need to know.

Archived