• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

New Uniforms...

KillerKat

I'm probably one of the few that really like them, I never liked the shoulder patch logo's or the squares around the base. Thought they made the sweater look cluttered and fugly. 

If you don't like it, you can give some blame of this to Reebok and their templates they gave out to NHL teams. They told teams not to stray far from the templates and now you've got a ton of sweaters with older classic looks with striping on the sleeves and base.  That was coming out of the lockout and most teams have followed suit with the classic striping look. 

If they kept the alternate logo on the shoulders, had black and silver outline on the white stripes on the home uniform, silver stripes between the black and red stripes on the away uniform,  had the warning squares on the outside of the collar (who was the moron who suggested on the inside anyway!), put some silver, white and black stripes on both pants on the side or around the bottom, then it would've looked way better.

Even then, I'm still not sure there would be enough black nor creative enough. All they did was take away everything and added some white stripes and lace for the home jersey and called it a day.

I think they might be making changes to the Alts after this upcoming season as well. 

I think the middle strip on the Home could have been changed to black to give the sweater some more definition, but that's about it. 

I like them both and will definitely be picking up the away in September, I'll have to wait a bit to get the home though. 

KillerKat just described the three things I always hated about the old jersey.

Piping, Shoulder patch logo's and the squares. 

What don't you like about it? It's a very classic look, that's very clean. 

Classic and clean doesn't have to look as boring as that thing does.  I'm really tired of teams from the 90s doing away with unique designs and going to these boring solid color with stripes designs. 

Archived