• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton NFL Top 100 #46

TheRumGone

Well...I don't have an issue with Champ Bailey speaking on it. Odd they had it in the show....but Bailey has earned the right to speak on matters. Said Newton's potential was through the roof....wasn't in his top 10 and not overly impressed yet. Cam has to get the mental aspect of the game.....and considering he only has 2 yrs in the league and one year is real college ball he shouldn't have it down yet

Bottom line: Champ # 53, Cam # 46 according to their peers... any questions?

Bailey is an old man at this stage....that is what that ranking means. He has earned the right to talk about players in the league.....NFLN is the one who should be dissed for putting it in what is suppose be a hype/fluff piece

Guest HelloWorld

Exactly, it must really pain them to have to put him on the show. 

NFLN is a news medium so they will always come to the defense of their peers(other journalists). So if Cam had rub one of their colleagues the wrong way they will take every measure to retaliate. Same thing apply to athletes, Sanitation workers, fireman, cops, etc. KingKam will be alright.

Well...I don't have an issue with Champ Bailey speaking on it. Odd they had it in the show....but Bailey has earned the right to speak on matters. Said Newton's potential was through the roof....wasn't in his top 10 and not overly impressed yet. Cam has to get the mental aspect of the game.....and considering he only has 2 yrs in the league and one year is real college ball he shouldn't have it down yet

I don't think anyone would have problems with those comments, in general. 

I think the issues is: Why Cam (I'm sure they're other NFL players who don't feel RG3, Luck, Kaepernick, etc., should be on any list either. But you bet they won't be criticized or picked apart)?

Secondly: Why on this show, which usually CELEBRATES NFL players placement on it?

What makes Cam different (except for CHEAP ratings, and eyeballs, while castigating him)?

Jeez guys, making something out of nothing.

The video is "derogatory" for about 30 secs maybe, and Champ cites that he needs to work on the mental aspect of the game (which I agree with). Champ says potential is off the charts, and he just needs to bring it all together (agree).

Otherwise, the video touches on escapability, his quick release, and making plays with his legs. He gets props for his physical talent.

You can't give him props for being much of a leader, because he hasn't shown that consistently yet. The fact that he has been voted as a top 10 QB two years in a row is the only thing to take away from the video. Champ is there to address why he isn't a top 5 QB, which he easily could be.

From reading the comments and then watching the video, you guys are all nuts.

I think the issues is: Why Cam (I'm sure they're other NFL players who don't feel RG3, Luck, Kaepernick, etc., should be on any list either)? And why on this show, which usually CELEBRATES NFL players placement on it?

What makes Cam different (except for CHEAP ratings, and eyeballs, while castigating him)?

I think it was a cheap shot....just more on the NFLN than Bailey is all.

I think the issues is: Why Cam (I'm sure they're other NFL players who don't feel RG3, Luck, Kaepernick, etc., should be on any list either)? And why on this show, which usually CELEBRATES NFL players placement on it?

Why Cam? Because Cam is kind of a diva. I mean, he loves the camera, has a damn fashion line, and has made some bonehead decisions (yelling at ref, kicking). He had the moping period, suggestion box, towel on head, press conferences.

He lacks some maturity. And I for one understand why. The guy is so confident, so talented, and he is hungry for wins. If he had won in his first two seasons, the story would be entirely different. But he didn't.

Luck, Wilson, RGIII, and Kaep all WON. They were in the playoffs, and they don't lack the maturity. Say what you will about the talent surrounding these QB's, but it is all in how you handle yourself.

Guest HelloWorld

Bailey is an old man at this stage....that is what that ranking means. He has earned the right to talk about players in the league.....NFLN is the one who should be dissed for putting it in what is suppose be a hype/fluff piece

this, plus bailey is NOT an athlete anymore. NFLN cut his paycheck thus represent the views of his employer. They may not tell him exactly what to say, but I'm sure they 'encourage' him to say certain things about certain people. That is, of course, if he wants his contract to be renewed(wink).

Why Cam? Because Cam is kind of a diva. I mean, he loves the camera, has a damn fashion line, and has made some bonehead decisions (yelling at ref, kicking). He had the moping period, suggestion box, towel on head, press conferences.

He lacks some maturity. And I for one understand why. The guy is so confident, so talented, and he is hungry for wins. If he had won in his first two seasons, the story would be entirely different. But he didn't.

Luck, Wilson, RGIII, and Kaep all WON. They were in the playoffs, and they don't lack the maturity. Say what you will about the talent surrounding these QB's, but it is all in how you handle yourself.

I appreciate what you said.

Nonetheless, I don't think either RG3 or Kaepernick are mature, based off their actions, recent record (with RG3) and appearance/s. They have some growing to do as well. Maybe we could make that suggestion with Luck and Wilson? 

The big difference: Kaep and RG3 are not as scrutinized and reported the way Cam is (at least up until this point), even when they do act immature.  This way; no one really hears, cares, or notices what they do or say, even if it happens (like RG3's various antics/tantrums during the playoffs--while injured, and his earlier comments towards Newton, etc.). He's not that mature. At least in several areas.

Now Kaep, can basically be described as a 'hyper, Tatted up Wildman' with a shaky background in many respects (not that I personally have a problem with that). This is a guy who couldn't start over Career bust--Alex Smith for a year in a half. So how mature was he as a player if he couldn't start over the disappointing Smith? However, Kaep's wild man persona (on or off the court), is conveniently ignored. That's the difference, and major take away (the double standard in reporting, and how it influences peoples opinions on various/these players) as far as I see it.  

If Chud hadn't been calling plays when we played Denver, Champ wouldn't have much to say...  Chud f'ed that entire day up offensively. 

And I am absolutely amazed that they used that segment to talk smack about a player...  As others have said, the Top 100 is supposed to be a celebration of being recognized by your peers as one of the top players in the NFL.  So, why did they find one of very few players that would say "I was unimpressed?"  Complete douchery on the NFL's part.  I've never heard ANYTHING negative said about ANY player when watching the Top 100 since they've been doing it. 

It's cool though, Cam will make them pay for this jackassery when he's hoisting up the Lombardi for us in the near future.  He's just one of them dudes that haters gravitate towards, and for very good reason...  They're scared of him reaching his full potential.  He's gonna show out this year and when he's being mentioned nationally among the top 5 QBs and moves up the Top 100 next year, I can't wait to see what Champ has to say then.  Bitch.

There's been like 5-6 Kansas City Chiefs on the list.... and there's only 3 Carolina Panthers?

What the absolute fug? I thought this was the Top Players of 2013 not the best resume... That's why I hate these fuggin lists they don't base it on the 2012-13 season they base it on name value alone

I didnt get to watch it but i just heard about it and i am not surprised at all. The blatant disrespect has been going on a while. I have been saying this, i wish people would stop falling for the so called constructive criticism thats always being giving to us because that is definitely not the case. Nobody respects or likes  this team period and have no problem letting us know out in the open. fug these other teams, analysts, and networks. They can all kick rocks.

Look three posts up from yours and observe the "realistic" fan who is more motivated to show off what a fugging "intelligent" fan he is than to support his team and players.

Know why its so easy for the fugging media to hate on Cam?  Cuz half of his fugging "fans" go out of their way to "understand" and "have no problem" with what they're doing. 

Fug you pieces of poo... but I'm sure when Cam puts that MVP on his shelf and raises that Lombardi, YOU'LL BE SURE TO TAKE SOME CREDIT cuz, gosh and golly, you "motivated" him to be his best!  FOAD, you sorry douche-nozzles.

Again, you fuggers think this list is supposed to be the Top 100 Players In Need of Critiquing?

Some of y'all could rationalize a Crip or a Blood putting a beating on a grandmother in a wheelchair.

Archived