• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NBA Finals Thread - (2) San Antonio Spurs vs. (1) Miami Heat

X-Clown

Robert Horry is the best player since Bill Russell.

#ringlogic

Good thing Kobe didn't demand a trade on draft day because he couldn't cut it.... oh wait. He did. After publicly stating he wouldn't play for certain teams.

In the end the Hornets ultimately made the decison to trade him. Are people really still hurt about this?

The thing that irritates me is that Kobe fans get so defensive about Kobe that I end up bashing him even though I don't want to. He is a great player. But all you have to do is watch basketball and it is pretty obvious that Lebron is better than Kobe. No matter the ring disparity.

In the end the Hornets ultimately made the decison to trade him. Are people really still hurt about this?

Nope. He would be a Pelican and I am now a Bobcats/Hornets fan. Just pointing out the hypocrisy.

I had actually forgotten the Pelicans even drafted him until he tweeted his pic in his Hornets hat when MJ announced the name change.

Robert Horry is the best player since Bill Russell.

#ringlogic

Good thing Kobe didn't demand a trade on draft day because he couldn't cut it.... oh wait. He did. After publicly stating he wouldn't play for certain teams.

Hate when people use that and compare role players to top 10 players. 

Wasn't it PSC who referred to it as Lebron "dragging" the Cavs to the finals by himself? If he's so good why leave?

You can get bent out of shape about my comments if you want, but your feelings don't change the past. He couldn't make it in Cleveland so he had to go chase titles with the big 3 in Miami. What's false about that? Do tell please.

LMAO, he left Cleveland because he had garbage players for years and ownership never surrounded him with good players. They were afraid of going over the cap and spending big.

It was a miracle he went to the finals against the Spurs that year(granted the East was weak) and he sucked in it cuz his game wasn't well rounded enough and he has scrub teammates who were no where near SA's level.

And he's the best player and on Heat. This it isn't even close. So not sure how that diminishes his greatness.

If you want to arue this, go at it with stats, skill set, impact on the game, how x players makes teammates better etc, not this lazy, silly micro-minded point of view.

LMAO, he left Cleveland because he had garbage players for years and ownership never surrounded him with good players. They were afraid of going over the cap and spending big.

It was a miracle he went to the finals against the Spurs that year(granted the East was weak) and he sucked in it cuz his game wasn't well rounded enough and he has scrub teammates who were no where near SA's level.

And he's the best player and on Heat. This it isn't even close. So not sure how that diminishes his greatness.

If you want to arue this, go at it with stats, skill set, impact on the game, how x players makes teammates better etc, not this lazy, silly micro-minded point of view.

All I read was: slurp slurp slurp, and it's never ever Lebrons fault about 20 times on repeat.

Lebron is a terrific player, but he doesn't need all you goblins making excuses for him 24/7.

Hate when people use that and compare role players to top 10 players.

I hate it when people can only revert to rings as only differentiator between top players. Rings are a part of the resume, but rings isn't the only way to determine greatness.

I think MJ was better than Russell but Russell had like 4 or 5 more championships. I think Wilt is better than Kareem but Kareem has more titles.

I think Barkley was better than Worthy, etc etc etc

I hate it when people can only revert to rings as only differentiator between top players. Rings are a part of the resume, but rings isn't the only way to determine greatness.

I think MJ was better than Russell but Russell had like 4 or 5 more championships. I think Wilt is better than Kareem but Kareem has more titles.

I think Barkley was better than Worthy, etc etc etc

yeah, we call those people "basketball illiterate" and they're usually kobe fluffers

Archived