• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NBA Finals Thread - (2) San Antonio Spurs vs. (1) Miami Heat

X-Clown

827.gif
[2] San Antonio Spurs (58-24)

1015.jpg
PG-#9 Tony Parker
FRANCE '01
6'2 180 lbs
20.3 PPG 3.0 RPG 7.6 APG 52.2 FG%

3988.jpg
SG-#4 Danny Green
UNC '09
6'6 210 lbs
10.5 PPG 3.1 RPG 1.8 APG 42.9 3PT%

kawhi_leonard.jpg
SF-#2 Kawhi Leonard
San Diego State '11
6'6 225 lbs
11.9 PPG 6.0 RPG 1.6 APG 37.4 3PT%

215.jpg
PF-#21 Tim Duncan
Wake Forest '97
6'11 260 lbs
17.8 PPG 9.9 RPG 2.7 APG 2.7 BPG 81.7 FT%

3233.jpg
C-#22 Tiago Splitter
BRAZIL '07
6'11 235 lbs
10.3 PPG 6.4 RPG 1.6 APG 56.0 FG%

BENCH
PG-#14 Gary Neal
SG-#20 Manu Ginobili
SF-#1 Tracy McGrady
PF-#15 Matt Bonner
C-#45 DeJuan Blair

HEAD COACH
30025.jpg
Gregg Poppovich

burm5gh2wvjti3xhei5h16k8e.gif
[1] Miami Heat (66-16)

3419.jpg
PG-#15 "Rio" Chalmers
Kansas '08
6'2 190 lbs
8.6PPG 2.2 RPG 3.5 APG 40.9 3PT%

3708.jpg
SG-#3 Dwyane "Flash" Wade
Marquette '03
6'4 220 lbs
21.2 PPG 5.0 RPG 5.0 APG 1.9 SPG 51.9 FG%

1966.jpg
SF-#6 LeBron "King" James
St. Vincent-St. Mary HS '03 (Akron, OH)
6'8 260 lbs
26.8 PPG 8.0 RPG 7.3 APG 1.7 SPG 40.6 3PT% 56.5 FG%

2184.jpg
PF-#40 Udonis Haslem
Florida '02
6'9 245 lbs
3.9 PPG 5.4 RPG 51.4 FG%

nba_g_bosh2_65.jpg
C-#1 Chris Bosh
Georgia Tech '03
6'11 235 lbs
16.6 PPG 6.8 RPG 1.4 BPG 53.5 FG%

BENCH
PG-#30 Norris Cole
SG-#34 Ray "Jesus Shuttlesworth" Allen
SF-#13 Mike Miller
SF-#22 James Jones
PF-#31 Shane Battier
PF-#9 Rashard Lewis
C-#11 Chris "Birdman" Andersen

HEAD COACH
300282.jpg
Erik Spoelstra

I'm pulling for the Spurs for my guy Timmy D to win his 5th ring, but I've got the Heat winning this in 7. LeBron will carry the team to 2 wins, and one of the role players (i.e. Miller, Allen, Battier, etc) will sink a bunch of 3s to help win the other two. But then again, I had Memphis beating the Spurs and they got swept so what do I know?

I think the Heat win in 7, but they will need guys not named Lebron to play well if they want to win.  The Spurs offense is about as clinical as you can get, they have a very effective system and they run it to perfection when everyone is healthy, so IMO you have to outscore them to win.  I think the Heat can because I dont think Duncan is going to be the same kind of rim protector Hibbert was last series.  They will need to help when Lebron gets in the lane, and thats when Miami's 3 point shooting kills teams

Should be a great series though, I can see it going either way. 

I think the Heat win in 7, but they will need guys not named Lebron to play well if they want to win.  The Spurs offense is about as clinical as you can get, they have a very effective system and they run it to perfection when everyone is healthy, so IMO you have to outscore them to win.  I think the Heat can because I dont think Duncan is going to be the same kind of rim protector Hibbert was last series.  They will need to help when Lebron gets in the lane, and thats when Miami's 3 point shooting kills teams

Should be a great series though, I can see it going either way. 

Duncan is averaging 1.7 blocks and Splitter is averaging .9 blocks per game in the Playoff's. During the regular season DUncan averaged close to 3 blocks per game.

Against Memphis they averaged close to 4 blocks per game combined. I think they can protect the paint fairly well.  They absolutely can't get into foul trouble though. Leonard's also going to have to effective at using his reach to keep Lebron from driving as much. 

Duncan is averaging 1.7 blocks and Splitter is averaging .9 blocks per game in the Playoff's. During the regular season DUncan averaged close to 3 blocks per game.

Against Memphis they averaged close to 4 blocks per game combined. I think they can protect the paint fairly well.  They absolutely can't get into foul trouble though. Leonard's also going to have to effective at using his reach to keep Lebron from driving as much. 

Yeah thats the hard part.  You have to go straight up, take the contact, and still contest the shot or else Lebron is gonna either hit the layup or go the the line.   Hibbert did a fantastic job defensively last series (it showed in Indiana's defensive efficiency when Hibbert was off the court), and I dont know if Duncan and Splitter have to size to do the same thing (having a body like Hibbert or Marc Gasol helps a lot)

I'm really excited to see how the Spurs approach defense, you know Pop has something up his sleeve after this long wait

If the Heat play like they did against the Pacers then I feel that the Spurs will win the series in five or six. But if Bosh and Wade return to form then I think it will go the full seven games, and the Heat will edge it in a decider. 

My bet is on the Spurs, and personally I'd like to see them win instead of the Heat.

Archived