• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

6/13 camp tweets

the just keep 2 qb discussion is pointless this year. cam (check), DA on a 1yr vet min and best #2 option (check) jimmy pickles 2013 salary 100% guaranteed (check)

check the numbers here: http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/carolina-panthers/jimmy-clausen/  cap hit of $952k ='s his dead money of $952k. there's no way we just toss out ~$1M. kicking pickles = ~1M dead $ + new "54th" contract to pay for.  

If cam goes down and the "season is lost", what is throwing away ~$1M for an extra depth spot going to do?

the just keep 2 qb discussion is pointless this year. cam (check), DA on a 1yr vet min and best #2 option (check) jimmy pickles 2013 salary 100% guaranteed (check)

check the numbers here: http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/carolina-panthers/jimmy-clausen/ cap hit of $952k ='s his dead money of $952k. there's no way we just toss out ~$1M. kicking pickles = ~1M dead $ + new "54th" contract to pay for.

If cam goes down and the "season is lost", what is throwing away ~$1M for an extra depth spot going to do?

Because we only count the first 51 players towards our cap, I don't think it would cost us a mil to cut clausen and have him replaced by someone making less. Most likely only a few hundred thousand. (The difference between the new player and clausens salary)

Because we only count the first 51 players towards our cap, I don't think it would cost us a mil to cut clausen and have him replaced by someone making less. Most likely only a few hundred thousand. (The difference between the new player and clausens salary)

Pickles would count as dead money so you have to account for 100% of it immediately. His salary is in the top 51, so if you take him out you're left with 50 and need to push up 1 more contract. The point is, he's already paid for and it's past June 1 so cutting his $1M contract goes against our 2014 cap, not to mention you have to account for another contract (yes 1M gone this year, and 600K in it's place, but that's $1.6 just to cut pickles and put a depth position in his place)

i don't know why people are willing to waste money just to get clausen off the team now when he's just going to unceremoniously leave the team after the end of the year and end up being a backup for the raiders

His 40 time isn't good enough, not Raider material.

Favorite Jimmy move after a bad play?

The point and mumble - <point at line of scrimmage> "yeah there some schnarf schnarvel over there in that area over there watch how I wave my finger in circles around it, .. yeah over there and make sure get that poo back to the ref!"

If he gets cut, he gets cut... I like the guy as a player, but if he's not back from injury by now, we need to find guys who can actually play. I didn't listen to the interview, but if Person's previous work is any indication of his journalism skills and football knowledge, I'll take what he says with a grain of salt.

We'll all just see who steps up come the end of TC. Not going to cry over anyone, but I will be surprised if Gettis is not on the 53 man roster. Them's the breaks kid. I won't be surprised in the least if we finally draft a first-round receiver next year though, regardless of how things go this season. It's past time to do so.

yea this place is gonna be a shitstorm if gettis gets cut and armanti makes it.

Person pretty much said he's looked like poo.

Fine with me, we need guys stepping up. If Gettis isn't up to the task, so be it. We gotta move on.

I wish I could find the video of one of the commentators discussions on Gettis during a pregame last year where they were discussing a practice they had attended. Talked quite a bit about how Gettis was quite obviously the best receiver behind SS and they couldnt understand why he hasnt been playing.

I think the doghouse theory still holds the most water. Rivera likes "his guys" not the best players on the team. Ego trumps wins for RR IMO. Hopefully the GM being more of a football guy he will step in when necessary.  

Archived