• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Out of the WR's on the roster who aren't 89.

koolkatluke

Lamont Bryant is a beast and I'd love to see him break out. He's a specimen.

Why do I have the feeling with Gettleman here, Bryant (unless he really sucks) will make the team? Lol. 

When you're that tall, big and athletically gifted, all you have to do is throw the guy some jump balls at close yardage for him to be effective. The Panthers have other receivers to run good routes. Throw this guy the ball up in the air. 

I think these are some of the things that Gettleman will point out to Rivera (if Shula hadn't noticed  already) to help enhance the team, when he says 'sometimes the answers are on your own squad'. 

I don't feel there is a player on the roster that could step up.

I loved Gettis his rookie year. I had high hopes for him cause of his size, speed, and hands.

He has everything ya want in a top receiver except production.

Last season was nothing but disappointment for anybody that was/is rooting for Gettis.

He hasn't been mentioned is any OTA reports.

That isn't necessarily bad, but I don't consider it good either.

Is he in Rivera's dog house? If so, why?

He best step up and show up in preseason games, or he.might not even make the roster.

Ted Ginn will never be a #1.

Terry Bradshaw had a good season 35 years ago. I'm not saying Gettis can't be a good receiver again if given the oppurtunity but I'm not gonna dwell on one decent season 2 years ago.

If he played himself out with poor play on the field then I would agree, but thats not the case. Injuries dont just magically make someone suck. I get that the time away hurts but keep in mind that understanding on offense takes time to learn anyways. Its not like he wasnt doing anything all this time.

He's been learning and improving other things while still being very young.

Who has the best Skill sets and Measurable to be a number 1 wr?

I pick Gettis.

Plain and simple

You can't teach 6'3 with 4'3 speed. He wasn't bad his rookie year. He doesn't have bad hands and he's still young.

Only Negatives is this knee injury he hasn't been able to come back from yet and this mystery reason why he isn't getting more opportunities.

Who do you think??

I refer some people to the first post in the thread again.

In scouting you're looking for a prototype. That means the best size speed and hand combination. That's all this question was. Based on this criteria which WR on the roster has the best combination of this. That's all.

I would rather have an offense that did not have to rely on a #1 guy.  Like the Packers or Pats, they don't really have a superstar WR, just guys that are put into positions that they excel with.  You guys are hyping up Gettis, but we don't even really know if he will make the team at this point...so maybe lets not get our hopes up?  Anyway, I think none of the guys on our roster could even hope to be the next Steve Smith in terms of production...looking at a rookie to come in next year as a probable high pick.

Didn't Gettis tear it up with Cam in training camp a few years ago before he got hurt? 

Not trying to sound like a homer but:

He's not a rookie. He has real game experience. He's played at a high level in the NFL - as many yards as Steve Smith in 2010 if I'm not mistaken.

If he gets on the field, he will help this team tremendously as he has all the tools to be elite - just needs to gain back the confidence and work ethic. Both will come if the coaches show confidence in him.

wow, before injury he had dez Bryant numbers with no starting qb. If he is healthy then he will have no problem making the roster with less than stellar competition, guaranteed.

Gettis? The guy fighting for a roster spot and being outplayed be AE? for a guy who was driving the don't draft a wr bandwagon you have to come with a better solution than David fuging Gettis.

Didn't Gettis tear it up with Cam in training camp a few years ago before he got hurt? 

Not trying to sound like a homer but:

He's not a rookie. He has real game experience. He's played at a high level in the NFL - as many yards as Steve Smith in 2010 if I'm not mistaken.

If he gets on the field, he will help this team tremendously as he has all the tools to be elite - just needs to gain back the confidence and work ethic. Both will come if the coaches show confidence in him.

wow, before injury he had dez Bryant numbers with no starting qb. If he is healthy then he will have no problem making the roster with less than stellar competition, guaranteed.

I always thought Gettis had a chance, but the vibe the coaching staff puts off says otherwise. Also a lot of media guy have been saying, they hear his time is almost up. We don't know how credible that is, but it does seem as tho this staff isn't really high on him.

Archived