• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Terminator Reboot, June 2015

Darth Biscuit

Remember when there used to be original movie ideas?

IIRC, James Cameron had to pay off a settlement on some sci-fi tv episodes (or short stories) for lifting the ideas that were similar to his Terminator story.

I like JC because he usually makes sure the characters, script, and story are tight. I've always heard that the people working on his films hate him because he demands perfection. The Steve Jobs of filmmaking I guess.

If someone wanted to continue the story-line an ignore anything after T2, I'd etertain the thought. Couldn't be worse that what's been done to the Alien franchise.

Totally agree.

Can't stand present day Hollywood: "Hey, remember that movie you liked?  Here it is again with better special effects!"

Bingo.

The least they could do is do a remake of condor man for me!

condorman.jpg

I'm in the minority and  liked Terminator Salvation. I was really looking forward to the planned sequel of it with the machines from Salvation going back in time.  I don't mind a reboot but I'd really like a definitive end to the John Connor saga.

Nothing with Hollywood surprises me anymore.

Meanwhile James Cameron is off making two sequels to that awful Avatar movie.

Had not heard this yet. It seems there was a logical conclusion to the first one though right?

Had not heard this yet. It seems there was a logical conclusion to the first one though right?

Hold on let me check...wasn't there a straight to DVD sequal to Fern Gully? To me Avatar is one of the worse JC films of his career. Take away the special effects and the logic/story is stupid. Watched it all the way through, but it was tough.

I enjoyed Piranha two, the spawning (Flying Piranha for those who haven't seen it) more than Avatar. I didn't expect as much from a low-budget B-movie, but I kept watching....I expected so much more from Avatar.

My guess is that once filmmakers become too revered, too famous, they begin to believe that their sh*t doesn't stink and no one near them challenges them on their decisions.  I.e George Lucas, Ridley Scott, etc....

Archived